Barefooter
Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:12PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just wondering...
yo
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:15PM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It depends on what state you're in. It's legal in California and Hawaii, but I know it's illegal in many other states.
u r correct sir
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:25PM - in reply to yo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
right; varies state to state. example: legal in ca. illegal in kansas.
txRUNNERgirl
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:27PM - in reply to u r correct sir Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are you serious? I almost always drive barefoot.
J.R.
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:28PM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've never heard of it being illegal anywhere.

Driving barefoot is safer then in most types of shoes.
u r correct sir
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:34PM - in reply to txRUNNERgirl Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
for women it is much safer than high heels and clunky shoes that do get caught sometimes on the pedal with horrific results and deaths. many women who wear heels in the office for example, keep a flat, driving shoe in their car.
formerly present
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:46PM - in reply to u r correct sir Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

u r correct sir wrote:

right; varies state to state. example: legal in ca. illegal in kansas.

Wow. Good to know. When I took Driver Ed (quite a while back, now), we were told that barefoot driving was legal in every State.

And of course a lot of drivers' associations actually recommend that one drive barefoot.
Chuck Norris
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/16/2009 8:59PM - in reply to formerly present Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is a common myth that it is illegal to drive barefoot. However, it is legal to drive barefoot in all 50 states.
Fred Flintstone
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 5:40AM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How else would you drive?
10 toes
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 5:59AM - in reply to Chuck Norris Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Chuck Norris wrote:

It is a common myth that it is illegal to drive barefoot. However, it is legal to drive barefoot in all 50 states.

Seriously? I always thought it was illegal to drive barefoot in Pennsylvania - most people here must be as ignorant as I. I'd better check with the law before I go taking off my hush puppies.
itsme
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 6:04AM - in reply to Chuck Norris Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Even if it's legal; Could you get into trouble with your insurance if you have an accident while driving barefoot?
dean moriarty
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 10:20AM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't know if it's illegal, but I frantically threw some shoes on when I got pulled over coming back from the beach once. This was in Massachusetts. So, someone told me it was illegal and I believed them.
Earnest T. Bass
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 10:31AM - in reply to dean moriarty Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No way it would be illegal in West Virginia or Kentucky.
kittycat
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 10:38AM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've heard its illegal (in CT).. if I'm wearing flip-flops I always take them off to drive, or at least off my right foot. Driving in flip-flops is a pain in the ass.
bhoworld
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 10:58AM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think hypermileage guys swear by driving barefoot - gives better pedal feel.
for shame
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 11:01AM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
13 replies and no mention of minimalism... tsk tsk, letsrun.
Mosesinthesea
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 11:02AM - in reply to for shame Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Illegal in Texas - Don't mess with Texas!
HowAboutThisPerson
RE: Is it illegal to drive a car barefoot? 4/17/2009 11:05AM - in reply to Barefooter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does Oscar Pretorius drive? What does he wear?