doggin it
Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 5:24PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've had some dogs in the fridge for about two weeks now. They don't smell bad, but would you risk it? I feel like hot dogs are so processed that they hardly have an expiration date. Maybe I'm wrong.
grif
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 5:28PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They start bad.
char dawg
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 5:34PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
char'em
doggin it
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 5:47PM - in reply to grif Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Any answers from the non-haters?
wineturtle
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 5:50PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In serious training mode defaultposition is always In doubt-Throw out.
Day before or of an important date --leave unate.
Much like sour SourCream and pebble skipping--- sometimes it hard to get a handel on knowing when to say when.
mr
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 5:53PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
does the pope shit in the woods?
porky
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 6:02PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm serving up some hot dogs right now that were processed in 1995 that I got from my meat guy for 39 cents/pound. They look a little weird when I cook them but I haven't had one person tell me one of my dogs killed them yet.
Er...
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 6:14PM - in reply to porky Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Two weeks is nothing in the life of a hot dog. Eat 'em!
Lorenzo the Magnificent
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 6:24PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
will
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 6:53PM - in reply to grif Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

grif wrote:

They start bad.

Precisely. The question suggests they start good.
Mrs. M
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 7:27PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If they don't smell bad and aren't covered in a non-hot dog-colored slime, then they're fine.
geetum
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/30/2009 11:52PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A gastrointestinial health report is needed

doggin it wrote:

I've had some dogs in the fridge for about two weeks now. They don't smell bad, but would you risk it? I feel like hot dogs are so processed that they hardly have an expiration date. Maybe I'm wrong.
doggin it
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/31/2009 12:34AM - in reply to geetum Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well, I ate the hot dogs after boiling them in water. I did this a little longer than I normally would, just in case. They tasted fine and my stomach isn't bothering me.

I'm about to go to bed, so we'll see how I fare for the night. I don't expect any problems. I did drink a couple cups of coffee, though, and I hope that doesn't throw off my controlled hot dog experiment.
Oscar Meyer Weiner
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/31/2009 12:48AM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
When they try to kill you in your sleep you know they have gone bad.
Birdlegs
RE: Do hot dogs go bad? 3/31/2009 8:01PM - in reply to doggin it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A package of generic hot dogs is about a dollar. If in doubt, go buy some more. Drink two less Red Dog beers that night and you'll be even.

Only two weeks? They're still good. You might as well have those two Red Dogs.