brain problems
Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 12:06PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't know what the deal is, but sometimes when I'm just sitting at a desk or standing it feels like I'm falling forward, like my brain is being pulled forward and down. The sensation only lasts 5-10 seconds usually before I feel normal again. This has been going on over a year and probably only happens a few times a week.

Anyone have an explanation?
black rider
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 12:24PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I also have that.
coach bigfoot
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 12:35PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Start leaning back, that should even things out.
my brain hurts
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 5:20PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It seems that mainly people with brain injuries are replying to your thread. This is not a good signnnnnnn awwwwggghhh ppppphh rrrrRACCOON Nutsssssssss blarggghghgaghg drool drool.
Dr Knows
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 7:40PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not to scare you, but get to a doctor ASAP and get it checked. Seriously, do not delay in having this checked out. There are alot is simple issues that cause this but there are a few very serious issues that lead to the sensation.
C o a c h
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 8:22PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
As your C O A C H, I'd advise you to see a doc and/or a shrink.

Imma guess you have vertigo and that it's not serious. That, or a brain tumor. Perhaps an aneurism.
Neurologist
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 8:27PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You seem to be describing a symptom known as vertigo, which is most simply defined as a hallucination of movement. it is usually related to a disturbance in the vestibular system, most commonly the inner ear, but can sometimes involve structures in the brain. You should see a physician, either a neurologist or an ENT, but make sure that the physician has a background in vestibular pathology. In some cases, the symptom can be successfully treted with an office visit, some require a short period of outpatient rehabilitation,
Dr.Albert
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 8:56PM - in reply to Neurologist Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sound like Ava Gardner Syndrome #25
Take a Delysid and see me in the A.M.
jog v. run
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 9:16PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
When you are training, try running instead of jogging. That oughta work.
The Concrete Runner
RE: Weird feeling of falling forward when I'm just sitting. 2/1/2009 9:21PM - in reply to brain problems Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

brain problems wrote:

Anyone have an explanation?

Yes. Not enough running on concrete.