chicago125
chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 2:34PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sorry if this is a double post, but did anyone else notice that Chicago is jumping the entry fee from $110 in 2008 to $125 in 2009? That seems a bit steep . . .
Long Term Pete
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 2:39PM - in reply to chicago125 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did anyone else notice BofA isn't having such a great go at it?
Another
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 2:54PM - in reply to Long Term Pete Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm sure the marathon price went up $15 to make BoA a total of $675,000... Had nothing to do with increased costs, supply/demand...
Mr. Obvious
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 3:23PM - in reply to chicago125 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If that is too steep then don't enter.
tarp-alicious
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 3:29PM - in reply to chicago125 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
there's a blog on RW website about it - it's pretty funny.
The Gravy Train
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 4:56PM - in reply to chicago125 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Somebody has to pay for the First Class airfare, 5 star hotel rooms, and gourmet meals for the members of the Gravy Train, and that somebody is YOU.
remedial poster
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 6:39PM - in reply to chicago125 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wouldn't that be a $15 price increase?
RIPT
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 6:50PM - in reply to remedial poster Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I couldn't believe the difference in the race from 2006 to 2008. It was like one massive BofA ad. Don't get me wrong, i understand sponsorship and whatnot, but it was beyond ridiculous.
Takin it up the tailpipe.
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 7:01PM - in reply to chicago125 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Guess I'll bend over and take it with a smile, like the many others who will run again this year.
free checking
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 7:31PM - in reply to RIPT Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
how so? curious. did they try to charge you for water if you did not have a BofA ATM card? BofA was in chicago for years before they gobbled up LaSalle. they were not really successful at picking up accounts from LaSalle, Harris, or First Chicago (now chase). the only way they could expand their deposit base was eliminate a chicago name(dutch owned, yeah yeah, i know) and count on only 20-30% of the customers bolting. I will enjoy seeing Kenny boy getting the boot. it's coming pretty soon. They're going to have someone from FDIC or OCC holding the tape at the finish line this year - after bofa is nationalized. oh, how we miss ya norm!
RIPT
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 1/25/2009 8:53PM - in reply to free checking Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It had nothing to do with extra fees as much as just having to see their logo on everything. For the best example of it all, check out the race tshirt compared to other years. Its just one massive BofA logo on a shirt that runs about 3 sizes too large.
Hugedaddy J
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 6/22/2009 12:29PM - in reply to RIPT Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I hope there 3 sizes to big.

I always get a 2XL and they always end up to small!!!

Chicago is the best marathon I have run!!

Better then NY, Berlin etc.

I will be doing BOston next year but based on the coverage, Chicago has 10X the crowd even at Boston.
Mr. Obvious
RE: chicago marathon $125 price increase? 6/22/2009 12:32PM - in reply to Hugedaddy J Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For a big city marathon isn't the race entry fee a relatively small part of the cost of your weekend? Unless you live in town.