pnw runner
Cheapest way to ship to Africa? 1/22/2009 1:30PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have a package thats about 10"x12"x15.5" and weighs aproximately 10lbs that I need to ship to Africa. Postage from USPS is almost $70 dollars because they'll only ship Priority. It's for a charity.

Has anyone else ever mailed a package internationally and has found a cheaper way?
Waz the Point
RE: Cheapest way to ship to Africa? 1/22/2009 1:50PM - in reply to pnw runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeeks, I thought you were starting another racist thread.
whysnot
RE: Cheapest way to ship to Africa? 1/22/2009 3:24PM - in reply to pnw runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What are you shipping that is so heavy? If it is old running shoes, find some sucker charity that will do the shipping for you.
pnw runner
RE: Cheapest way to ship to Africa? 1/22/2009 3:29PM - in reply to whysnot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is old running shoes; I've been sending them for a while but the USPS won't let you ship them via surface mail anymore, so the cost has gotten too high for my college student budget. Now I have a couple boxes that I can't quite afford to send over, and I don't want them to go to waste.
very correct
RE: Cheapest way to ship to Africa? 1/22/2009 5:33PM - in reply to pnw runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Most running shoe stores have some sort of recycling program. You may know this, but many stores either donate them to a local charity or sign up for Nike's recycling program. Call a few local stores.

It sounds like you are working with Shoes4Africa, a worthy charity. Unfortunately you might be forced to keep the shoes stateside, but you do have some options.