cold and thirsty
Unfreezing Frozen Beer: Possible? 12/21/2008 11:20PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I found a case of beer in my trunk from this fall and I want to drink it. Problem is its frozen (I live in MN) and the one I just tried to thaw out exploded when i cracked it.
Is there any way to thaw out beer without it exploding?
brogan1
RE: Unfreezing Frozen Beer: Possible? 12/21/2008 11:28PM - in reply to cold and thirsty Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It exploded? Did you try opening before or after it was done thawing out? Did you thaw it out on the kitchen counter or in the fridge? Were they bottles or cans? I'm not sure if any of that makes a difference, but I've always just let it sit in the fridge until it thaws out completely. It has never exploded...bottle or canned. Tastes kinda flat though, but not bad.
cold and thirsty
RE: Unfreezing Frozen Beer: Possible? 12/21/2008 11:41PM - in reply to brogan1 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ya, I kind of jumped the gun on it - it wasnt all the way unthawed and when i cracked it it spewed out foam which isnt pleasant to drink (though i did). Its cans. The bottoms are puffed out but obvisouly that doesnt effect the beer.
Anyway you put it in the fridge though, huh? I'll try that with the rest of them
Yanqui
RE: Unfreezing Frozen Beer: Possible? 12/21/2008 11:51PM - in reply to cold and thirsty Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah you can unfreeze it and drink it, but it's gonna take awhile
Buttress of Windsor
RE: Unfreezing Frozen Beer: Possible? 12/22/2008 12:28AM - in reply to Yanqui Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If it is Coors Light, then no-you cannot unfreeze it. Coors Light is widely known as the coldest beer on Earth. Don't even try it.
867-5309
RE: Unfreezing Frozen Beer: Possible? 12/23/2008 10:49PM - in reply to Buttress of Windsor Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
thats where your wrong buddy. i unthawed coors in the oven! worked great. put in on low, and keep an eye on em'...youll be plowed in no time.
SMJO
RE: Unfreezing Frozen Beer: Possible? 12/23/2008 10:56PM - in reply to 867-5309 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Coors is even better if you thaw them in the oven until the can totally dries out and you then fill the can with almost any other liquid on earth. Except Bud Light. Bud Light is almost as bad as thawed Coors.