Very rough results...
1) Haile 42:40ish (14:20, 14:25, 13:55)
2) Kenyan (Maruka?) 43:low?
3) Collis Birmingham 43:mid?
4) Mottram 43:high?
The first couple of km's were into a headwind and there were a few hills in the second 5km. Haile led the whole way with the Kenyan guy just off his shoulder through 10km. Buster was dropped around 7km. It appeared Haile backed off around 8-9km and let then Kenyan catch back up when the world record was out of the question (28:46 at 10km). He then ran sub 14:00 to close... mainly down wind - and won by maybe 100m.
1) Catherine Ndereba 50:something
2) not sure
3) Lisa Jane Weightman
4) Japanese girl?
5) Benita - looked very uncomfortable
6) Constantina - looked semi-relaxed waving to the crowd as she finished even though the announcer made no mention of the Olympic Champion crossing the line. Very poor...
Catherine won by a lot and was never challenged. I wouldn't be surprised if the course was long as the times were VERY slow - especially on the women's side. It was a good morning to run besides a bit of wind.
Overall, the race had absolutely no atmosphere around the start/finish area. It was in the center of Albert Park in Melbourne, where the F1 GP starts/finishes and there were maybe a couple of hundred spectators and a bunch of weird circus performers.