anybody else get this?
My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/24/2008 10:30AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So lately I've been having problems with my legs. First it was my right leg that was jamming, now it's my left leg that is jamming into the socket. I think this is what's happening. I'm not sure.

It feels like I need somebody to pull my leg. It's pretty painful when I move it a certain way. Has anybody else experienced this? My right leg problems went away after a few months.
ummm
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/24/2008 10:44AM - in reply to anybody else get this? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sports-oriented chiropractor?
no disrespect
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/24/2008 2:44PM - in reply to ummm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you just need someone to give it a good yank. Any chiro should be able to do this.
anybody else get this?
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/27/2008 11:19AM - in reply to anybody else get this? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The day after I wrote this, the pain disappeared in my left and got going on my right side. It feels like there is a pinched nerve and when I move my leg a certain way it hits it. The pain is a 9/10. It's hard to get in and out of my car and walk up stairs. It is where one could have groin pulls but it doesn't feel like I've pulled a muscle.

Is this what a femoral stress fracture feels like or is it just jammed? I'm going to have one of my stronger relatives pull on my leg today.
lohalloran
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/27/2008 11:23AM - in reply to anybody else get this? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Labral tear?
anybody else get this?
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/27/2008 11:36AM - in reply to lohalloran Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What is a labral tear like? How painful is it? I will look that up.
anybody else get this?
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/27/2008 11:40AM - in reply to lohalloran Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The last workout I did was a hurdles workout. That probably had a lot to do with it.
lohalloran
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/27/2008 11:42AM - in reply to anybody else get this? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Its a tear of the surface of your hip joint. Causes pain, locking and popping sensations. I havent had it but I would imagine it is pretty painful. Go see an ortho and they can diagnose....important to do something about it because untreated it can lead to other problems in the joint.
my solution
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/27/2008 2:07PM - in reply to anybody else get this? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Look up 'hip impingement'.
Kenwood
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/27/2008 2:11PM - in reply to anybody else get this? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Go talk to coach McGuire over at Michigan. He has the same damn problem.
anybody else get this?
RE: My leg feels like it's jammed in my hip socket. What to I do? 11/28/2008 3:58AM - in reply to anybody else get this? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm thinking that it is a torn labrum. I will mention this to the doctor. It is still very painful when my leg lifts up and to the inside. Maybe it is time to do a new sport.