Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
once like you
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 5:05PM - in reply to stupidho Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i started noticing my hair receding in my late 20's through early 30's. i was all worried. Then saw a pic of my uncle, grandfather, and other relatives... all had some receding hair but none went bald.

It is possible you will recede and it will stop at some point. You might end up with a little higher hairline, or it could go all the way back.

Just because youre receding now, doesnt mean it will always be.

Mid 30's my began to stop.
too much trouble and money.
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 5:11PM - in reply to Hairy Hairnderson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]Hairy

You'll want to make sure you use the following religiously on a daily basis:
1) The shampoo
2) The condition
3) Scalp treatment (post-shower leave-in that is the most important step of the process).

Good luck.

that's ok, I'll just go to Bosley and get it over with at once and not worry about all that stuff.
the rest of them
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 7:25PM - in reply to easy solution Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What is Sally's Beauty Supply? Is it a chain, or is there a website? Thanks!
my girls go there.
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 7:28PM - in reply to the rest of them Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

the rest of them wrote:

What is Sally's Beauty Supply? Is it a chain, or is there a website? Thanks!

yes, here in LA it's a discount beauty supply store...FOR WOMEN!
Hairy Hairnderson
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 7:54PM - in reply to too much trouble and money. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

too much trouble and money. wrote:

Hairy

1) The shampoo
2) The condition
3) Scalp treatment (post-shower leave-in that is the most important step of the process).

Good luck.

that's ok, I'll just go to Bosley and get it over with at once and not worry about all that stuff.

If shampooing and conditioning on a regular basis is too much trouble, then you've likely got some bigger issues other than losing your hair.
wise up you jackass
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 8:02PM - in reply to Hairy Hairnderson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Hairy Hairnderson wrote:

too much trouble and money. wrote:

Hairy

1) The shampoo
2) The condition

Good luck.

If shampooing and conditioning on a regular basis is too much trouble, then you've likely got some bigger issues other than losing your hair.

what are you, a modern day snake oil salesman?
not bald
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 8:04PM - in reply to Hairy Hairnderson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If your mother's father was bald, then you have a 50% chance of being bald (assuming you're a male). If your mother's father is not bald, then you won't be bald either.
McBald
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 8:11PM - in reply to not bald Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

not bald wrote:

If your mother's father was bald, then you have a 50% chance of being bald (assuming you're a male). If your mother's father is not bald, then you won't be bald either.

I don't know about that...my mother's father is 86 and still hasn't gone bald, but I started losing mine at 19.
OUTKICK
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 8:14PM - in reply to the rest of them Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, you will go bald AND you will notice that your 10k times will suffer horrendously. My advice to you, start drinking heavily!
thinker
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 8:29PM - in reply to bald since age 29 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

bald since age 29 wrote:

dude....it's not that bad. let it go...

actually there is a cure for baldness...it is called "self esteem."

Add to self esteem and huge Johnson and/or a lot of $$$$
the rest of them
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 8:30PM - in reply to thinker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
anyone else used this Folicure stuff?
wise up you jackass
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 8:33PM - in reply to the rest of them Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

the rest of them wrote:

for God's sake, man, quit kidding yourself. That stuff is not gonna do it or there would be NO bald people, if that's all it took.
the rest of them
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 9:09PM - in reply to wise up you jackass Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know, it's just that...I love my hair, and it makes me sad to think I'm losing it. Guess I feel sort of desperate.
Kiko
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 9:28PM - in reply to the rest of them Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you find a shallow women that makes this an essential point..... drop her. Just remember, you had hair when it counted. Those were your junior high school days when peer pressure might have gotten to you. I trust you have evolved.
McBaldalds
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 9:50PM - in reply to the rest of them Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

the rest of them wrote:

I know, it's just that...I love my hair, and it makes me sad to think I'm losing it. Guess I feel sort of desperate.

Do a search on google for reviews on the product. Go pick it up- you have nothing to lose. The shampoo is $8 for a 32oz bottle- basically the same you would pay for any other name-brand shampoo. Also, do a search on sodium lauryl sulfate -- a chemical in most other shampoos and its effects on the scalp/hair loss.
working is good
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 9:56PM - in reply to not bald Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

not bald wrote:

My dad's mom's father had a full head of hair in his 70s but my dad and his dad were bald.
my boy blue
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 10:35PM - in reply to working is good Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've heard lauryl sulfate in shampoo can make your hair fall out or at least accelerate the process. I don't know what regular shampoos don't have it, since I suspect it's making my hair fall out. Seriously I don't lose any hair during the day or days when I don't wash my hair, but whenever I wash my hair it's like I'm shedding.
head and shoulders
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 10:40PM - in reply to my boy blue Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Shampoo every other day. Shampooing too much gets rid of the oils that are naturally on your hair.
fisky
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 10:58PM - in reply to the rest of them Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

the rest of them wrote:

It always puzzles me when people badmouth something that they have never used, so when I saw the negative posts on this product, I decided to write to give you a different perspective.

I use Folicure shampoo and the conditioner. It doesn't cost any more than a good shampoo. You can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply. It's a pretty good seller among women who are losing their hair, according to the salespeople. Of course, no one knows about it because Sally's is for women, but some guys shop there. Geesh, it's not like it's in a pink bottle or anything. Or, that it costs $60/bottle. It's only $6... and cheaper when you buy it on sale or in the large bottle. I suggest that instead of taking advice from people who are skeptical and have never tried it, that you just try a bottle and see what you think. It seems to work. Since you're going to use a shampoo anyway, why not try it?

I started losing my hair about 30. After some research, I eliminated all shampoo that contained sodium laurel sulfate because I read that it caused hair loss. Anyway, my hair loss stopped. It was pretty hard to find shampoo without it, but it can be found. When I heard about Folicure a couple of years ago, I switched to it. Like I just said, you're going to use a shampoo anyway, so why not try it?

By the way, losing your hair when you're young doesn't mean that it can't be stopped. I'm 61 and still have a decent head of hair, although it has started turning gray.
mother clucker
RE: My hair is thinning...but does that mean I will eventually go bald 11/16/2008 11:59PM - in reply to the rest of them Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
it will probably get so thin that you will eventually have it shaved off.

i have a head full of hair, but honestly i do not see what the big deal is. women love bald guys - they are always rubbing bald heads.

funny thing i noticed too - women never dug my ripped abs, when i was a young guy but they love rubbing my hairy 40+ year old guy belly.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |