shoebuyer326
Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/4/2008 7:27PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i currently am training in the brooks adrenaline gts 8 and they have worked great but i am getting a little bored with them and i want to get something that might fit a little snugger and feel lighter.

the adidas supernova sequence looks great and so does the asics 2130. any suggestions?
Red Glare
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/4/2008 7:37PM - in reply to shoebuyer326 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I consider the GT 2K series the cream of that price range of stability shoes. Asics has earned the reputation for "best out of the box feel." However, if you want something lighter with a closer fit then check out the DS Trainer, Axiom, or Adizero Mana.
leroy
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/4/2008 9:11PM - in reply to shoebuyer326 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what about the Mizuno Inspire?
down under
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/4/2008 9:21PM - in reply to leroy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Brooks is known for a lower arch, mizuno is known for higher ones. So chances are you wouldn't like a mizuno shoe. Referring to the post above

The post compared to on the adrenaline is bigger compared to the 2130 and the sequence. The sequence in my opinion is one of the harder shoes out there. The 2130 is also more of a "firmer" shoe. the only way to really tell which shoe you would like better is to go to your local running store, or if you don't have one go to dicks and try them on.
sreep
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/4/2008 9:42PM - in reply to shoebuyer326 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
which has the best cushion?
down under
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 7:46AM - in reply to sreep Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
they are all the same level of cushion. there are higher end shoes suchs as the adistar control and the asics kayano(sp?) but they cost around 130
Dicks Associate
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 8:04AM - in reply to sreep Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try Asics Nimbus 9/10, very forgiving, padded forefoot a plus, Not as stiff as the Kayano.

Auto analogy would be soft shocks vs stiff shocks.
stipe
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 9:36AM - in reply to shoebuyer326 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The 2130 holds the arch a little more and seems to feel a little smoother. The Adrenaline feels a little firmer and thus, more solid underfoot. The adidas Supernova Sequence is a great alternative. It hugs the arch like the 2130, but feels a little more flexible under the forefoot. It does seem to have a little more heel. The Inspire feels like a slipper around the foot (the upper) while the foundation feels very stable. One more option is the Saucony ProGrid Guide. It feels very close to the 2130 but is a little lighter and bouncier. The arch is nice and snung, which will fit a medium to higher arch but may bother a lower arch.
marijuologist
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 9:48AM - in reply to stipe Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I had a pair of 2130s and they lasted for about 200 miles... of walking.
Axiom wearer
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 9:48AM - in reply to shoebuyer326 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If the Adrenalines have worked great for you, consider the Axioms. Axiom 2s are now on sale at the brooks online store. I wear them and love them. A bit lighter than the Adrenalines, yet still give support and are very durable. I just bought a couple pairs at a cheap price.

check em out at brooksrunning.com
Run to the Top
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 9:57AM - in reply to shoebuyer326 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The 2140's just came out. I wear the adrenaline and I like the feel of the 2140's.
down under
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 12:50PM - in reply to Run to the Top Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
also if you are looking for another softer shoe but not as soft as the adistar, look at the nike traix structure, it is the same price as the lower cushioned shows but is on the cushion level of a high end show.
shoebuyer326
RE: Brooks Adrenaline vs Asics 2130 vs Adidas Supernova 11/5/2008 1:43PM - in reply to shoebuyer326 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i've had both the axiom and inspire, the axioms are nice but my legs always hurt and feel tired after i run in them. the brooks switch look nice but i really want to see about the sequence and 2130. i have wide/low arches and a small/medium frame (5-7, 131 lbs)