Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |
wellnow
RE: Is aerobic base training dead??? 4/14/2009 9:01AM - in reply to CoachB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I agree that it's mentally, physicall and emotionally very taxing to keep doint the hard sessions. Just 10 days ago, I pulled out of a session because my head just wasn't right. I was thinking negative thougts, so I did some sprints and the next day a long hard run, which I really enjoyed.

I think I was doing the right thing by not attempting to complete the session with the wrong mindset, and a few days later, with a more positive mindset, I completed the session. I think that if you try to do a session when your head isn't right, you are setting yourself up for future failure, because that negativity is bound to return and soon you will begin to associate negative feelings with running hard, when the opposite mindset is required.
Averagebum
RE: Is aerobic base training dead??? 6/12/2010 12:42AM - in reply to wellnow Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So sorry, Wellnow. I just saw your reply!

Thanks very much!

I have been thinking alot along those lines too. My best training has been following a Van Aaken type program, which is playful running at various paces and various distances. The only problem is that it takes too much time to do!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |