Freshman Blues
One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/18/2008 10:42PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So for a while Ive noticed that my right leg is bigger than my left, not a lot, but definately bigger. Is this something I should be worried about? Will it mean I need a heel lift or something? If anyone knows anything on this or has had the same thing Id love to have your input.
no worries
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/18/2008 11:22PM - in reply to Freshman Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pre did all right. I wouldn't worry about it.
pujabi emcee
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/18/2008 11:26PM - in reply to Freshman Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
if there havn't been any problems with it, don't try to correct it

I got a heel lift once, it f***ed me over.
hahahahaha
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/19/2008 12:09AM - in reply to pujabi emcee Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yes. you're fooked. give up running.
iflyboats
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/19/2008 12:24AM - in reply to hahahahaha Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bigger as in more muscular? That's nothing to worry about.
2+2=4
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/19/2008 12:39AM - in reply to Freshman Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
One of my legs seemed bigger than the other once. Turned out my hip was out of out of place and just needed to be put back into place. Only took about one minute on a drop table (I think that is what they are called)and it was sorted. Could be the case with you although mine was only shorter by a tiny bit.
xxx
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/19/2008 2:11AM - in reply to Freshman Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
worry about your spelling skills:

definately -> definitely

Just joking. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
possessor of secrets
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/19/2008 9:30AM - in reply to xxx Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's quite likely that this is evidence of some structural imbalance, about which you should be worried.
Freshman Blues
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/19/2008 11:41AM - in reply to possessor of secrets Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well I have mild rotary scoliosis, but I make sure to have my hips realigned every two weeks by a chiro. Its more muscular that the difference is, although there is a tiny difference in length. Again nothing major in either case, and it seems that as long as Im not getting injured its fine?
iflyboats
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/19/2008 11:46AM - in reply to Freshman Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The difference in muscular size is nothing to be concerned about. It's simply due to the fact that you have longer muscle bellies in one leg, and longer muscles are more volumous. It's genetic and there's nothing you can do about it.
foomiler
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/20/2008 2:47AM - in reply to Freshman Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Could u be resting your weight more on the right hip than on the left when u stand/sit/walk/run? Do u regularly stand on one leg (esp the right one?)
captain oats
RE: One leg bigger than the other - should I be worried? 9/20/2008 8:37AM - in reply to Freshman Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
my middle leg is bigger than my other 2