Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
dtmack
marathon late november? 7/28/2008 3:49PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So I won't be ready for Chicago and New York might be hit or miss with work projects coming, now I'm in a little bind in trying to find a marathon. Cal International is an option but it's a little late in the year. I'm looking to go around 2:17, give or take, depending on how training goes so it would be better to have a few guys but I guess I could go at it solo if the course was fast.

Any marathons that I'm missing? I'd be willing to go outside the US if needed.

thanks

Danny
Pete
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 3:53PM - in reply to dtmack Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Philadelphia is your answer, my friend. Relatively fast course, and strong likelihood of good marathon weather. Maybe not that deep at the pointy end, so you might not have a lot of company. Google the race and check out past results. I'd say it's likely your best bet, at least in North America.
KO
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 4:00PM - in reply to dtmack Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Danny-

If it has to be that time of the year look seriously at Cal, if you're willing to push it back 4-6 weeks January
has two great options in Phoenix and Houston.

If you're willing to go international, you won't find any faster than Fukuoka (sp) in December, just my two cents...KO
Monkey Trent
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 4:08PM - in reply to dtmack Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dude. Be strong. Show us what you've got.

The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon.
www.harpethhillsmarathon.com

Registration will open (and likely close) on Friday, August 1.

No. The first post was not a set up for this.
run for the sun
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 4:30PM - in reply to dtmack Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dallas White Rock Marathon is the second weekend in December. It is at least as flat and fast as Philly, but not a complete pancake course like Chicago.

It usually takes 2:15 to win. The organizers do a good job of getting together about 8-10 international runners who can run in the 2:15-2:20 range. Weather is usually good.
monkeys flying out my arse
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 4:43PM - in reply to Monkey Trent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did you even read the OP, idiot?
Monkey Trent
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 4:46PM - in reply to monkeys flying out my arse Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Actually yes.

Which is why I responded.

Dude thinks he can run a 2:17 but can't find a marathon. Wants to run one in late November. I happen to know one in late November. If he is good, he should be able to pop out the goal time. Anything less is weak.

Idiot? To be sure.
Ron Simmons
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 4:54PM - in reply to Monkey Trent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
DAMN!
Haddonfield sucks besides Erin
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:17PM - in reply to Ron Simmons Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Don't run Philly. There are faster marathons out there that are better organized...
Get bent, Trent.
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:29PM - in reply to Monkey Trent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Congrats, you have no problem revealing that you're incredibly ignorant of the sport.

Monkey Trent wrote:

Actually yes.

Which is why I responded.

Dude thinks he can run a 2:17 but can't find a marathon. Wants to run one in late November. I happen to know one in late November. If he is good, he should be able to pop out the goal time. Anything less is weak.

Idiot? To be sure.
dreamtheater
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:36PM - in reply to Get bent, Trent. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Monkey Trent
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:36PM - in reply to Get bent, Trent. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Naw. Stick with idiot. It suits me better.

Or is it bananas.

Help me understand, oh wise one, why a 2:17 marathoner wannabe can't figure out which race to run? Shouldn't that modicum of knowledge either be fairly obvious or be imparted by a coach?
Haddonfield sucks besides Erin
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:42PM - in reply to Monkey Trent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just dont run Philly...
Ron Simmons
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:42PM - in reply to Get bent, Trent. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Get bent, Trent. wrote:

Congrats, you have no problem revealing that you're incredibly ignorant of the sport.

I'm curious how you come to the conclusion that Trent is ignorant of the sport. Perhaps I missed something?

He was offering up an additional suggestion for a late November marathon, since advice was being sought.

Kiawah Island is in December.
Sporty
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:47PM - in reply to dtmack Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Running is not a sport. It requires no skill, no teamwork, no special equipment. It is something some sports use.

Poker. That is a sport. Golf too.

But not running.
Unholy Cumulus
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:54PM - in reply to Monkey Trent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Monkey Trent wrote:

Naw. Stick with idiot. It suits me better.

Or is it bananas.

Help me understand, oh wise one, why a 2:17 marathoner wannabe can't figure out which race to run? Shouldn't that modicum of knowledge either be fairly obvious or be imparted by a coach?

I'm sure the guy has a good idea of what is out there, but he wants to get the opinions of others. Just because he is aiming to run 2:17 doesn't mean he knows everything about every race in the country. Plus, browsing results alone can be misleading because a lot of guys that run 2:17 do so by going 1:06/1:11 or something like that. He doesn't lose anything by making a post on Letsrun, get off his crack.

Oh, and given that pretty much every 2:17 runner did the OT last November it is even harder to tell which marathons are quality.
Macaque Russ
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:56PM - in reply to Get bent, Trent. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you can run a 2:17 you should have asked someone at the US Olympic Team Trials. Given your self-stated talent you were certainly there, weren't you? Uh, no? I didn't think so.
Otherwise, I have to assume you're just another High School 5k keyboard commando who knows nothing. STFU.
You are stupid, too, then.
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 5:59PM - in reply to Ron Simmons Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Are you curious? Are you REALLY TRULY FCUKING curious?? Look at the moron's link. Field limited to 200. The OP wants to go 2:17. Unless the RD of a rinky dink local marathon with a 200-person cap is giving appearance fees to 20 sub-2:30 runners as part of that field cap, there's no way in hell anyone in that race would be within even 20 minutes of a guy trying for 2:17. It's garbage advice, a throwaway post.

Ron Simmons wrote:

Get bent, Trent. wrote:

I'm curious how you come to the conclusion that Trent is ignorant of the sport. Perhaps I missed something?

He was offering up an additional suggestion for a late November marathon, since advice was being sought.

Kiawah Island is in December.
Monkey Trent
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 6:00PM - in reply to Unholy Cumulus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Naw, I ain't on anybody's crack. I simply suggested a marathon and folks came after my crack.

It is good to feel loved.
K.M.A.
RE: marathon late november? 7/28/2008 6:01PM - in reply to Macaque Russ Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Huh? 2:17? "Self-stated talent?" WTF are you babbling on about, dork?
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |