Pages: | 1 | 2 |
SHOULD WE HATE HIM TOO?
LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 10:41PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't, nor was I bothered when Rupp did it...but what about all of you that crusified him for it?
F5
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 10:44PM - in reply to SHOULD WE HATE HIM TOO? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Could care less - he's not going to make it to Beijing anyway.
White McCain
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 10:45PM - in reply to SHOULD WE HATE HIM TOO? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I certainly rolled my eyes...I never have been a big fan of him though, not really sure why. I don't dislike him, I just don't pull for him....and yes, putting up the #1 sign after round 1 is IMO dumb....HOWEVER THAT BEING SAID, if I were to have one that race (or finished in the top six) not only would I put up the # 1, I would be taking a victory lap, until they tore me from the track!
-
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 10:53PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

fang shwang wrote:

masculine black guys with big dicks can do whatever they want.

feminine white guys not so much.

i had to laugh at that...
Olympic 1500
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 10:56PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ha!ha!ha!ha!

hilarious!

True, very True indeed
fang shwang
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 10:58PM - in reply to - Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
um this picture of Lomong changed my mind. he dresses like Lamar from revenge of the nerds. I bet he is wearing leg warmers.

http://nau.newtier.com/modules/PlayerHighlight/images/Lomong_Lopezweb.jpg
Red B.
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 11:36PM - in reply to fang shwang Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nooooooooooo.........
Not the popped collar! Say it ain't so?!?
saw that too
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 11:38PM - in reply to Red B. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
'Fraid so. Looks like he's fully 'Muricanized.
Barack Obama Has aHugeElection
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/3/2008 11:44PM - in reply to saw that too Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wait, did he miss the javelin qualifying? If he can get one of those floppy javelins he could qualify for sure! Who's gonna beat him, an alpha beta? I think not.
USATF INSIDER
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 12:28AM - in reply to SHOULD WE HATE HIM TOO? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It gets even worse. I heard he threw up the #1 sign upon escaping his war-ravaged homeland.
Goucherwinsgold
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 1:04AM - in reply to Barack Obama Has aHugeElection Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lamar...this board is ridiculous.
Booger
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 1:07AM - in reply to Goucherwinsgold Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't know what's worst the fact that the collar is flipped up or that he is wearing a pink shirt.
curninrnrinrlsk689780
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 2:47AM - in reply to White McCain Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

White McCain wrote:

I certainly rolled my eyes...I never have been a big fan of him though, not really sure why. I don't dislike him, I just don't pull for him....and yes, putting up the #1 sign after round 1 is IMO dumb....HOWEVER THAT BEING SAID, if I were to have one that race (or finished in the top six) not only would I put up the # 1, I would be taking a victory lap, until they tore me from the track!

maybe you just hate the american negro

ha race card, shall i say wild card, has been pulled
iwanttrack
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 3:12AM - in reply to SHOULD WE HATE HIM TOO? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't like him and I am tired of his story. Put your hand down. you made through a race just to get rid of 6 people. shut up.
MediocreRunner
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 8:42AM - in reply to SHOULD WE HATE HIM TOO? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This thread has me rolling with laughter. it's the best thread in a while.

Whatever Lamong did -- the gesture to crowd or the half-cocked #1 -- was stupid, but he was undoubtedly motivated to show his strength the first chance he had after feeling cheated in the 800m (although he was not cheated). While a 7th place finish would have accomplished the same thing, i.e. advance him, this win probably gave him some encouragement/redemption and showed that he's pissed. Still, it's a prelim heat and the move was stupid. I bet he sprinted through the finish to cool down in his pink popped collar golf shirt from the mall.

About Rupp, I wanted somebody to mollywhop that douche after he sprinted to win his 5K heat with his arms in the air. That was completely idiotic. I wouldn't have hated that so much if he hadn't raised his arms like a mock-champion/super-douche. If he had won the 5K a few nights later, than the gesture would have been more warranted.

Preliminary heats: no cocky gesturing unless you're pissed at the world and think nobody likes you, and even then you look like an angry ant
Finals: gesture with graciousness, like the people's champion
Goucher Sucks
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 9:02AM - in reply to Goucherwinsgold Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Goucherwinsgold wrote:

Lamar...this board is ridiculous.

No, Goucher being allowed to run in the 10K final is ridiculous.
First mate Fantastic
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 9:30AM - in reply to SHOULD WE HATE HIM TOO? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No, we should hate YOU for using all capital letters.
i <3 track
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 11:42AM - in reply to First mate Fantastic Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i think this is great...no one can actually respond to the OP.

seriously...there were SO many threads about rupp after he did it, and now that lomong did it, no one says anything

the only reason rupp got blasted is because people don't like him in the first place (probably just jealousy) so they try to find something to blast him for

you hate rupp b/c connections with nike? you hate him b/c he has more advantages in terms of training? well, hate to break it to you, but if YOU were in his position, you would do the same thing. if you knew salazar and had connections with nike, you would use every advantage that he has used.

if you're gonna hate him for that, you might as well hate people that live at altitude b/c they have a bigger advantage over people who don't live at altitude. oh and i guess i'll hate all the people who don't get injured. they can take 2 months off then just run 60 mpw the first week back and hit 100 within a week. if i build up over 3 months and get to 50 mpw i still get stress fractures. man those guys are aholes...

sounds ridiculous doesn't it?...yeah it is. get over the fact that you're jealous of rupp and that he's a great runner.
fosters reserve
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 12:09PM - in reply to Booger Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Booger wrote:

I don't know what's worst the fact that the collar is flipped up or that he is wearing a pink shirt.

Men don't wear pink. It is carnation.
Mack in tush
RE: LOMONG PUTS UP THE #1 AFTER WINNING THE SEMI, DO WE HAVE TO HATE HIM TOO? 7/4/2008 1:29PM - in reply to i <3 track Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Settle down honey
Pages: | 1 | 2 |