Pages: | 1 | 2 |
greaso
need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 8:40AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
running a relay tomorrow with my girl.

http://www.ladyofthelakerelays.com each person runs a 9 mile loop

might win the mixed (guy and a girl) 2 person division based on last year's times.

here are some examples of team names so far:

Amigos & Gringos; Are We There Yet?; Arlington Striders/The Runner; BLEWBYYOU; Bold n' Determined; Book Club Beotches; Boot Camp Babes; boxing bitches; Bueno Family Team; Cherchez la Ghost; Chuck Norris; Cork Dorks; CPS PTA; Crazy MF (Marathon Fanatics); Team Hooters; Dashing Divas; and a lot more...

to see all the entrants you can go here:
http://www.ladyofthelakerelays.com/registrants.htm

anyway, i figured the sophomoric letsrun crowd could provide some more, let's say, flavorful team names. we'll use the best one. submissions must be in by 1130 am today (3/7) central time so i can register.
Le jeem
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 8:48AM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Doodletown Pipers
Pete
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 8:50AM - in reply to Le jeem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The odd couple
Benfield409
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 8:51AM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've done a few relays and this was our name for the Hood to Coast, very appropriate

No Walking till the Van Passes
Who is Murphy?
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 9:12AM - in reply to Le jeem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ScroTeam
Fleet Footed Falcon
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 9:12AM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Middle Leg is the Hardest
when n dallas
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 9:18AM - in reply to Fleet Footed Falcon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Jessica Romo
oppoe
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 10:14AM - in reply to when n dallas Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ice cream sandwhiches
30something
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 12:28PM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How about Cougar and Prey?
The 3:30 Thonster
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 12:34PM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Girls Gone Running
bastard
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 12:36PM - in reply to 30something Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Prefontaine's Illegitimate Children

or

Illegitimate Children of Prefontaine

whichever sounds better to you.

Or, substitute the name of your favorite runner who would have been old enough to sire you when you were born (Frank Shorter, Emil Zatopek, etc.).
joeeee
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 12:37PM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If by "girl" you mean "girlfriend", you should name your team:

"We're gonna have sex after the race."

If by "girl" you mean "daughter" that's probably a little less appropriate.
The 3:30 Thonster
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 12:41PM - in reply to Fleet Footed Falcon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Fleet Footed Falcon wrote:

I just got that one.
Tommy H.
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 1:32PM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"The World on a Hamstring"

"Don't Bogart That Baton"

and if those aren't flashy enough:

"The Extreme Adventure Team"
Yo...
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 3:18PM - in reply to Tommy H. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Go with the name..

Off in the Woods
or
Off Constantly.

And then claim that nobody can beat Off in the Woods or beat Off Constantly.
Fleet Footed Falcon
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 4:33PM - in reply to The 3:30 Thonster Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

The 3:30 Thonster wrote:

Fleet Footed Falcon wrote:

I just got that one.

Shhh! You'll ruin it for the others.
Namer of Names
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/7/2008 4:42PM - in reply to Fleet Footed Falcon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You can never go wrong with the Master Debaters.
30something
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/9/2008 8:05PM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Cougar and Prey worked out great! They said we should have won an award for the name alone. We were hoping for 1st place in the 2 person mixed relay. However we got 3rd in the 2 person overall. The cool thing with that is there were a lot of guy/guy teams that couldn't beat the guy/girl team. Sweet! You should check out the photos of girl 4 team that actually won the overall time for the 18 mile relay of 1:51 when the photos get posted: http://www.ladyofthelakerelays.com/photos.htm. Even as a girl, I thought there team was hott.
the human turd
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/9/2008 8:42PM - in reply to greaso Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
how bout..
WE SUCK AT RUNNING SOMEONE PLEASE KICK US IN THE TEETH.
Fleet Footed Falcon
RE: need clever team name for road relay 3/9/2008 9:43PM - in reply to 30something Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

30something wrote

Cougar and Prey worked out great! They said we should have won an award for the name alone. We were hoping for 1st place in the 2 person mixed relay. However we got 3rd in the 2 person overall. The cool thing with that is there were a lot of guy/guy teams that couldn't beat the guy/girl team. Sweet! You should check out the photos of girl 4 team that actually won the overall time for the 18 mile relay of 1:51 when the photos get posted: http://www.ladyofthelakerelays.com/photos.htm. Even as a girl, I thought there team was hott.

Congratulations on your fine performance.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |