Pages: | 1 | 2 |
butter
RE: tibial stress fracture 12/16/2004 1:23AM - in reply to mweaver Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks for the input. Its been about 10 weeks and I've done some light cross training here and there. When I walk a lot or seem to be on my feet for awhile I sometimes get some minor pain in the area.

Is that just the scar tissue where the fracture is or is it still healing? Want to know if I should test it out for a 10 minute jog after 12 weeks (which is what my doc said to take off to be sure its healed, he initially said 8 weeks then 12 to be sure).

Not sore when I push on my tibia...only weird ache when I am walking around a bit.

Thanks letsrunners
Almost back
RE: tibial stress fracture 7/22/2007 9:32PM - in reply to butter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm in pretty much the same situation as butter, I have had a long time off (around 3 months) mainly due to testing it out and not giveing it proper rest. I went into a boot and crutches for arounnd 3 weeks and have been out for around two and only really feel a light ache from time to time.
My question is, is this slight sensation common and is it ok?? and is walking around really supposed to aid bone healing??

Thanks
hopalong
RE: tibial stress fracture 8/5/2007 4:00PM - in reply to Almost back Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I too am recovering from a stress fracture, having run around on it for 10 months before finding out what it was. I get an ache, have been resting for 6 weeks now, when I flex my leg or twist on it. The fracture showed up very clearly on the x ray and I've been told it will be 3 months before it has healed. Lots of calcium and rubbing comfrey oil into it has been one strategy, won't know if that's paid off for another two weeks though. Doctor told me he can still feel where he got his stress fracture 20 years down the line! Ouch
section2runner
RE: tibial stress fracture 4/12/2008 6:45PM - in reply to hopalong Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
injury help
RE: tibial stress fracture 4/12/2008 6:51PM - in reply to section2runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I had two tibial stress fractures in the same spot about a year apart. I finally broke the trend by building up the muscles around the tibia to take the strain off the bones. I don't know the exact names of the muscles off hand, but once those are strengthened the chances of stress fractures are decreased. I also recommend ice massaging hot spots at least 5 days a week with a cup of ice. Just freeze a cup of water then pop the ice out and wrap it in a towel. Good luck!
section2runner
RE: tibial stress fracture 4/12/2008 6:53PM - in reply to injury help Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
how do you build those up? can you do the exercises with the fracture? do you know anything about a slight pain that just comes with twisting of the foot towards the end of the healing process? is this simply the scar tissue? help is much appreciated since i cant make a doctors appointment every time i have a question like this
section2runner
RE: tibial stress fracture 4/12/2008 8:28PM - in reply to section2runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
Pages: | 1 | 2 |