Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
OldXCguy
What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 8:47AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"There are no bad days to run, just bad clothing choices."
I always knew that, but never heard it expressed so eloquently.

There are no good places to run in Las Vegas.

Oh yeah, and Teg doesn't run the 10K.

Let's hear what you've learned on Letsrun this year.
mcordi
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 9:08AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Become a teacher- Spring Break, Summer Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break.
I learned that all runners are not non-judgemental, like they used to be.
We are no longer an all inclusive group who appreciates what we each do at our own level.
I think I figured out that the more frustrated you are about your own abilities (or lack there of) the more judgemental you will be.
I learned that you better not make typos on letsrun no matter how important your point!
I learned that hottness is in the eyes of the beholder and no one is wrong and everyone is right.
I learned that hottness threads are a good thing until some idiot makes a stupid comment or puts up an inappropriate picture.
my eyes wander down
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 9:11AM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I learned most women like it when you glance at their chest. However, staring either gets you into their bed or slapped ... more likely the latter.
What is the What
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 9:23AM - in reply to my eyes wander down Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hitting Control-Enter after typing a website name into your browser address bar will add the www and .com automatically. Shaved 3 seconds off all my PR's.
post nuptial shutoff
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 12:30PM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Once the honeymoon is over, you can forget about sex.
runningfortheprize
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 12:36PM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i learned that 50mpw is nothing, and that massive interval loads aren't worth near as much as an intelligent base phase
runscz
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 1:44PM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Once a Runner" is golden (at least the price)

"Again to Carthage" not so much
Describe Your Running Today
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 2:30PM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I learned that some people are serial liars of amazing creative ability on a daily basis.
que hora?
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 6:49PM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I learned:

--folks here hate Nike training shoes, and anything to do with Nike+;

--it's ok to post more than 2 minutes of videos from USATF & NCAA championship events even though their media credentials clearly say you can't do that;

--it's inconclusive whether or not chicks on LetsRun.com stare at guys' crotches when they get boners;

--spandex is despised;

--everyone wants Jeremy Wariner to run the 800;

--the network of volunteer officials, retired teachers, coaches, parents, fans, etc., will post enough photos and videos of running/track events to render the broadcast networks' coverage of track/running obsolete;

--Bernard Lagat is still not an American despite winning two golds at the world championships this year;

--Teg still won't run 10k;

--There's a chance that there will be 4000 posts on Henry Rono breaking the world age-group record by June '08;

--There are guys who still want sex with txRUNNERgirl.
WestMichiganRunner
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 9:28PM - in reply to que hora? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I learned that next year I can just go to the "What I learned on Letsrun in 2008" and save myself a lot of grief.
txRUNNERgirl
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 9:59PM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In 2007 I learned:

-Teg doesn't run the 10k.
-Minimalism has saved me (perhaps Pose isn't so crazy).
-Guys say dumb things to women.
-No one got malaria at World XC.
-PowerPoint is still the best way to ask out or break up with someone.
-Many of you have man-crushes on Ritz.
-jaguar1 was not a troll.
-the430miler can rap.
direvraiment
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 10:22PM - in reply to txRUNNERgirl Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

txRUNNERgirl wrote:
-the430miler can rap.

proof?
North of Bellingham
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 10:23PM - in reply to txRUNNERgirl Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Your on your way to a great career in Sports journalism. Great job on Flotrack, Merry x-Mas Steph.
Harry Kooter
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 10:27PM - in reply to North of Bellingham Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

North of Bellingham wrote:

Your on your way to a great career in Sports journalism. Great job on Flotrack, Merry x-Mas Steph.

I learned that you will be called out for typing "your" instead of "you're" when the latter would be appropriate.
PaavoNW
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/24/2007 11:58PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1.Rest and recovery are underrated.
2.Running is much easier with a partner.
3.Drink water thoughout the day.
4.Stretching increases protien synthesis.
5.Eat fresh fruit and protien after hard runs.
6.chasingKIMBIA is awesome.
7.Letsrun.com and its members understand me more than anyone else.
8.It's okay to take a day off once in a while.
9.The purpose is a long run is not speed.
10.Saucony Tangent 5 is a sweet shoe.
Antonio
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/25/2007 9:13AM - in reply to WestMichiganRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Happy holidays, and Brian Sell runs 26 miles per day.
vandergraafgenerator
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/25/2007 9:34AM - in reply to OldXCguy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have learned today that red and green lines are harder to read than yellow and blue;
vandergraafgenerator
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/25/2007 10:05AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, but some of them are fabulously fast aren't they.
Gives you the shakes really sometimes, the number of guys sub 28.30 for 10K that need training advice on message boards.
Still think of all those olympic medals that we will have participated in winning .
aviator
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/25/2007 10:09AM - in reply to vandergraafgenerator Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I learned that the plane would take off.
Living in the Past
RE: What I learned on Letsrun in 2007 12/25/2007 10:27AM - in reply to vandergraafgenerator Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

vandergraafgenerator wrote:Gives you the shakes really sometimes, the number of guys sub 28.30 for 10K that need training advice on message boards.

Now that was funny! I nominate that for wittiest sentence of the year (even though the comma should have been a colon).
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |