Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Not Enough CTC
Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 11:38AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A teamate of mine told me that he wears underwear under his running shorts. To my suprise he wasnt the only one on my team that did. Is this common? It can't be, can it? We couldn't figure out how to settle it, so I'd figure I'd ask all you knuckleheads.
Not needed
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 11:42AM - in reply to Not Enough CTC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is uncommon. Not unheard of but very uncommon.

The remainder of this thread will be the juvenile responses you sought by starting it.
shuffler
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 11:42AM - in reply to Not Enough CTC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yes
Not Enough CTC
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 11:45AM - in reply to Not needed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Not needed wrote:

The remainder of this thread will be the juvenile responses you sought by starting it.

Expected, but not sought
deltacross
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 11:45AM - in reply to Not Enough CTC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Most of my shorts don't have built in briefs so I just wear them all the time.
Richard
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 11:57AM - in reply to Not Enough CTC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Some people have more to carry and need more support.
Swing low
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:00PM - in reply to Richard Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've always worn sports briefs under my shorts. I guess Mottram's quote says it best, "really it just comes down to the size of your balls".
Cralfddfd
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:01PM - in reply to Not Enough CTC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I couldnt see someone needed anymore support than whats already built into running shorts. Unless your teamate has some ape-like balls its probably not needed and abnormal. most runners do not.
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:03PM - in reply to Cralfddfd Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Most runners are loser (=small balls), so you're right.

Cralfddfd wrote:

Unless your teamate has some ape-like balls its probably not needed and abnormal. most runners do not.
yes
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:12PM - in reply to Not Enough CTC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Not Enough CTC wrote:

A teamate of mine told me that he wears underwear under his running shorts. To my suprise he wasnt the only one on my team that did. Is this common? It can't be, can it? We couldn't figure out how to settle it, so I'd figure I'd ask all you knuckleheads.

Tried to run without briefs....NEVER again....running shorts with "built-in briefs" don't NEARLY offer enough support!!!

"Boxers by day, briefs during runs."
CTC
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:20PM - in reply to yes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am Shocked. I never thought any runner wore anything but the "built-ins." I never tried, nor will ever try running with briefs.
commando
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:20PM - in reply to yes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think most of the mediocre high school runners wear boxers under their running shorts because they don't want to be a freak, but the ones who are serious usually like the free, loose feeling that comes with going commando. I like it.
briefs
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:22PM - in reply to commando Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If i dont wear briefs, then i chafe to all hell.
branfordite
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:24PM - in reply to yes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i find it depends on the shorts
some have nice liners, some have very loose and baggy liners that need additional support
Tony
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:41PM - in reply to branfordite Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I wore tighty whities for my entire HS and college career except on the hottest days and with a nicer pair of shorts. Back when I was running competitively, the only thing we had were those nasty nylon shorts. Only when I was in college did the nice coolmax stuff come out. commando in those nylon things with the exposed elastic rubbing you??? ouch!
Cralfhuno
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:43PM - in reply to branfordite Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

branfordite wrote:

i find it depends on the shorts
some have nice liners, some have very loose and baggy liners that need additional support

Really. I find that most running shorts(not the psuedo running shorts that tend to be longer) have very good support.
Captain Speedo
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:47PM - in reply to Cralfhuno Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've worn a Speedo under my shorts for years. They last for a couple of years and keep the boys and the schlong out of trouble.
Cahones
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:49PM - in reply to Cralfhuno Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well, I wear them now. A nice young runner lady asked me, "what's all this?", pointing below my waistline. Cheers
soobvious
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:49PM - in reply to Swing low Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
wicking sport briefs are the way to go. I don't understand why people would wear boxers under any kind of workout shorts.
Bigfoot
RE: Underwear Under Running Shorts? 7/12/2007 12:53PM - in reply to Not Enough CTC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Only when it's very cold out, and then I wear "Runderwear" or similar wind resistant briefs. Otherwise, the boys get cramped.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |