Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Were you raised in a barn?
Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 1:57PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I work in a multi story office building filled with mostly lawyers who I assume, and hope are well educated and somewhat refined.

Working here, I am amazed at the amount of men(Including a well know attorney)walking out of the bathroom without washing their hands. I'm standing at the sinks multiple times during the day and constantly watch guys walk out of the stall after a nasty dump right into the world.

Since this forum is anonymous, can I ask washers and any non hand washers why anyone would choose to leave biological matter on their hands instead of washing? Time? Ignorance? why do you do this?

Is this an issue with women too?
Osama Jurena
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:00PM - in reply to Were you raised in a barn? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would add that, in part because of this problem, one of the most disgusting places to put your bare hand is on the doorknob that exits the bathroom.
webby
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:02PM - in reply to Osama Jurena Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I agree. The sink knobs are pretty nasty, too. That's why it's usually unwise to wash after a piss. (That, and the fact that urine is sterile.) Don't touch anything you don't have to. As a wise letsrunner once posted, I wash my hands *before* I touch my penis, not after.
Howard Hughes
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:04PM - in reply to Were you raised in a barn? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You take that germ shit way to seriously. I hardly ever wash my hands. The only time I make it a point to wash my hands is when there's some grease or dirt or obvious filth on them.

I had a grandpa who was washing his hands everytime he ate, pissed, blew his nose, you name it. Now he's a vegetable. I'm healthy as can be. Hell I pick my nose too.
Were you raised in a barn?
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:05PM - in reply to Osama Jurena Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Osama Jurena wrote:

I would add that, in part because of this problem, one of the most disgusting places to put your bare hand is on the doorknob that exits the bathroom.

After seeing this behavior multiple times, I now open bathroom doors with a paper towel them dump the towel in the nearest garbage can. There are many place that now place a can right by the door for this.
johnny chimpo
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:07PM - in reply to Were you raised in a barn? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
female. at work and at home washer. it's disgusting to watch someone leave and not wash. i usually grab a towel and use it as protection/barrier when exiting the public toilet.

another thing i find astonishing . . . there are some in my office complex who do not have a kitchen in their office. they wash their dishes in the w.c. i would never wash my dishes in the sink while someone is (or has) made a stinky 3 feet away. unbelievable.
The guy shaking your hand
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:24PM - in reply to Howard Hughes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Howard Hughes wrote:

You take that germ shit way to seriously. I hardly ever wash my hands.

It's not only germs, it's common courtesy.

Would you be comfortable knowing you have to shake a hand that had just wiped a messy bunghole a few minutes ago?
Terminator X
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:35PM - in reply to The guy shaking your hand Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I used to work at a movie theater, and found myself washing my hands ALOT there. Theaters are disgusting. The garbage bags are basically just popcorn soaked in soda, with some candy boxes mixed in. That's some disgusting stuff to get on your hands. After working there for 8 months or so I found myself washing my hands nearly everytime I came near a garbage can. I now bus tables at a fancy restaurant and am constantly getting shrimp juice, steak sauce, potatoes, ice cream, you name it on my hands and find myself washing my hands alot as well. Strangely at both jobs I don't remember ever seeing other people washing their hands as much. Could be because I obviously am not standing by the sink all day, and am not aware of everytime they wash their hands, but I'm pretty sure lots of people at both places could stand to wash their hands more.

Basically, working at both places have got me washing my hands far more frequently than I observe others. In fact, I just heard my housemate flush the toilet and immediately walk out of the bathroom. Pretty sure he was in there for a while as well, don't think it was #1. Gross.
sfdaffa
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:36PM - in reply to The guy shaking your hand Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow, I didn't realize so many people shit and piss on their own hands while going to the bathroom.

I usually can avoid shitting on my hands while I'm pooping, because I'm not an idiot, thus leaving my hands as clean as they were before.
bleeble blabble
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:38PM - in reply to Were you raised in a barn? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Were you raised in a barn? wrote:
Since this forum is anonymous, can I ask washers and any non hand washers why anyone would choose to leave biological matter on their hands instead of washing? Time? Ignorance? why do you do this?

what biological matter are you getting on your hands? i personally prefer to use toilet paper than my bare hand when wiping "down there." perhaps you're talking about using the urinal... well, see, there's this trick you can do with the elastic waistband of your underwear that allows you to not even touch your "junk" when relieving yourself; it works like a shelf. it's kind of hard to explain so, the next time you're trying to figure it out in the restroom, ask the guy at the next urinal; i'm sure he'll be happy to help.

jesus christ, people, do you religious hand-washers rinse off after every doorknob? every elevator button? handrail? shopping cart? dollar bill? movie theater seat? (movie theater seats were actually shown to be the least sanitary of all frequently-touched surfaces. hell there were frequently even "feminine secretions" on there!)

i thank god i'm not a mysophobe like all the hand-washers out there. i would've probably killed myself by now if i was freaking out about every possible (and invisible) contaminant that could wind up on my hands.
johnny chimpo
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 2:53PM - in reply to bleeble blabble Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i was reading something a few years back that was shocking. while urine may be sterile, men have some organism on their penis that can get on hands when peeing. it's an organism that, when ingested, can make you very ill. it is rare that it gets ingested, but man, just the idea is nasty. wash your hands!!!
webby
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 3:00PM - in reply to johnny chimpo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You mean sperm?
Slappy
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 3:04PM - in reply to johnny chimpo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What kind of organism? I think I saw that one in a movie prior to Paris Island boot camp. Didn't Arnold star in one too with 5 guys and some heavy weaponry 50mm? I'll bet they had some organism in that one.
Myth Buster
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 3:06PM - in reply to johnny chimpo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I dont understand the woman talking about how she would never do dishes 3 feet away where people use the restroom for a good ole number 2. Where do you keep your tooth brush? I mean I for one have mine right next to my sink which is right next to the can.

But if you really are that much of a freak and lets say you do keep your toothbrush away from your craper... i can assure a lil test done on a popular show on the discovery channel showed me that no matter where you keep your toothbrush it has roughly the same amount of fecal microbes on it no matter how close it is the the toilet, so basically what i am trying to say... clean those dishes all you want its not going to make a stich of a difference.
sj quik
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 3:15PM - in reply to bleeble blabble Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

bleeble blabble wrote:
what biological matter are you getting on your hands? i personally prefer to use toilet paper than my bare hand when wiping "down there." perhaps you're talking about using the urinal... well, see, there's this trick you can do with the elastic waistband of your underwear that allows you to not even touch your "junk" when relieving yourself.

you think microscopic shit crumbs aren't getting onto your hands when you wipe with TP? also, balls, ass, and everything in between, sweat throughout the day. the fact that your hands are in those regions means they're getting that matter on them, too.

if guys don't want to wash their hands, fine (i guess your mom didn't raise you right). but the problem is that they touch the handles on the bathroom door, they shake your hand, and more throughout the day. i do not want anyone else's feces, or ball funk on my hands, and then on my food. try not washing your hands in front of a female and see what they think.

and by the way, all restroom doors should be "pull" on the way in and "push" on the way out.
please dont squeeze the garmin
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 3:21PM - in reply to bleeble blabble Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

bleeble blabble wrote: what biological matter are you getting on your hands? i personally prefer to use toilet paper than my bare hand when wiping "down there."

Tell you what: for the next week, after each time you wipe and exit the crapper without washing, hold your hand up to your nose and take a deep whiff. Is it clean enough you're willing to lick it?
bleeble blabble
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 3:44PM - in reply to sj quik Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
alright, you two (sj quik and the garmin squeezer), it seems you have missed the point. there is nothing going on in the bathroom, unless you are a very messy wiper, that taints your hands any worse than touching ANY doorknob ANYWHERE. "microscopic shit crumbs," as you put it, are flying all over the place in every major city, and any time you smell a fart. do you wash all your clothes and take a shower every time someone rips one? no.

if i have a cold, i wash my hands all the time (and my desk, computer, phone) because that actually poses a risk to others. if i handle uncooked meat, i wash my hands, because that's unsanitary. touching my waistband or some toilet paper doesn't "infect" my hands with anything. if other people want to freak out because i'm not going through some worthless ritual every time i use the restroom, that's their problem.

so, to sum it up: fecal bacteria are not airborne. use toilet paper properly and you've got nothing to worry about.
Ricardo Montalban
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 3:55PM - in reply to bleeble blabble Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
hee hee hee...you said taint...
bleeble blabble
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 4:00PM - in reply to bleeble blabble Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
oh!!! i remembered something related-

have any of you done the exercise in introductory bio lab (i'll just assume we've all been through college) where you make bacterial cultures from samples taken all over the place? hands were not actually particularly unclean (hell, even mine had only common, benign bacteria; fecal bacteria were *gasp* totally absent!). the face is actually much more infested with bacteria. would you care to know the MOST infested spot we found on the ordinary (clothed) person? piercing holes. they had some NASTY, VIRULENT strains of bacteria in there, without exception.

so, with that in mind, i would expect everyone complaining about the non-washers in the bathroom to start complaining about every girl who plays with, changes, or handles her earrings EVER. carry around some Purell for her; demand a hand cleaning on the spot.

i'm glad i could add to your absurd neuroses.

(p.s. taint IS a great word, isn't it?)
Pamela Andersons Left Nipple
RE: Letstun survey-Washing your hands 7/10/2007 4:07PM - in reply to bleeble blabble Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not so quick, hot shot. There are E. Coli and other nasty bacteria coming out your bunghole. It intermingles with your ball (or vag) sweat, and thus migrates to your dillywhacker (hoo-hoo). Now, unless you're wearing some type of anti-bacterial underwear, through the miralcle of perspiration, your tidy whitey's (or thong) and the adjacent elastic band have microbial doody rements all over them.

So, even though you did not tinkle on your fingers, and you were so thoughtful as to use your under-roos as some sort of bacterial force field, please do us all a favor:

Wash your freakin' hands after going to the bathroom!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
You Can't Go Wrong Buying Garmin 210/220 or 610/620 from LRC's Partner Amazon
Last Year's
Model

This Year's
Model

Last Year
Top of Line

This Year
Top of Line