mouthcase
vicodin and running 3/5/2007 10:57AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Need some feedback. I had a pretty bad mouth injury and was perscribed hydrocodone(vicodin). I noticed I'm overly dehydrated and sluggish, bumped up the liquids but still legs are heavy and sluggish...it this because of the pian killers? any similar experiences? I know with antibiotics I get pretty sluggish...but not like this
mouthcase
RE: vicodin and running 3/5/2007 1:23PM - in reply to mouthcase Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ANYONE???
sippin on the railroad
RE: vicodin and running 3/5/2007 1:41PM - in reply to mouthcase Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
take them right after dinner and you'll sleep great and should feel alright in the morning.
Pharm Student
RE: vicodin and running 3/5/2007 2:08PM - in reply to mouthcase Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I Looked it up for you. Here are the relavent points based on the information.

Vicodin is a hydrocodone barbituate. Basically, it is 2-8 times as potent as codine, so it is a very potent pain killer.

A warning tagged to bydrocodone is that it produces dose dependant respiratory depression by acting on the brainstem respiratory centre, so your respiration will be decreased.

Sedation, drowsiness, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, dizziness, psychic dependence, mood changes and blurred vision are all side effects of the drug on the central nervous system.

Dry mouth is also another side effect that may help to explain your dehydrated feeling.
chew um
RE: vicodin and running 3/5/2007 2:33PM - in reply to Pharm Student Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
chew them, they work quicker and leave your system quicker
Schwag McShag
RE: vicodin and running 3/5/2007 2:41PM - in reply to chew um Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Vicodin slows down respiration and heart rate. Sounds like running could cause potential pneumonia problems. Running while on opiates doesn't make much sense to begin with. Kick back and enjoy the ride.
mouthcase
RE: vicodin and running 3/5/2007 3:19PM - in reply to Schwag McShag Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I wish I could kick back...I've got a 1/2 in a month...an 8K this weekend, My mouth is healing slowly but the pain is phenominal...Chewing them eh? I see my Dr later this week...I popped 5 IB ProF's It just don't do the trick with all the pain...I'll see about only taking the pain killers in the evening...even then I wake up at 3 with my heart pounding inside my mouth!!! never damage your tongue guy's i'm telling ya, it is the most painful thing!!! I can't imagine those people who slit thier tongue like a snake...crazy pain