Klewless in KC
Road Race timing software (prefer freeware) 4/10/2006 8:08AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does anyone know of a computer program which will allow you to have a running clock and just click for time as each runner crosses the finish line (like a sprint 8)? I am in charge of timing for a small 5k race. Last year I borrowed a sprint 8, but this year I wanted to see if there was any free (or cheap) road race software to help me time.

Thanks
JimG
RE: Road Race timing software (prefer freeware) 4/10/2006 8:30AM - in reply to Klewless in KC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not free, but RunScore has an option where hitting a key on the computer generates a time for that finisher. You can then interfaces that w/ the entrant database to produce overall and awards results, etc.
keith Stone
RE: Road Race timing software (prefer freeware) 4/10/2006 8:48AM - in reply to Klewless in KC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
RunScore does it, but keep in mind that laptop timers are nutorious for bad timing. Make sure you disable ALL the sleep features and run it in desktop mode.

I recommend just borrowing a TimeMachine or Sprint8 from a high school if you can. Worst case rent on from a local club.