Missing a link...
Illinois River to River Relay 3/29/2006 11:35PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am captain of a competitive men's open team for the River to River relay that takes place across southern Illinois on April 22nd. We had a guy drop out due to injury, so i am suddenly short a man. Is anyone interested in running on our team? We're a competitive team that has finished in the top 5 for the last 8 or more years. The faster you are, the better. I'd prefer a sub 17 min 5K guy, or something equivalent to that. Reply to this post if you're interested. More info on the relay in the link below. Thanks!
Archway Fan
RE: Illinois River to River Relay 3/30/2006 12:25AM - in reply to Missing a link... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
dghji
RE: Illinois River to River Relay 3/30/2006 6:46AM - in reply to Archway Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
b
Frozen Kiester
RE: Illinois River to River Relay 3/30/2006 7:34AM - in reply to Missing a link... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is a real fun race and very hard to get in to. For us in Chicago, it's nice to go South that time of year and feel the warmth on your face. Running as a group into Glaconda at the finish with the church bell ringing is something you won't forget although most of my team was drunk by then.

Good luck!
Freido
RE: Illinois River to River Relay 3/30/2006 8:00AM - in reply to Missing a link... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I was the driver for a couple of years for an all girls team. I had the time of life. Even though my wife was on the team, I saw and heard enough to go on the Playboy channel. Then after all of us were drinking and getting loose, we went to some school for them to shower and change. Oh my God! My wife would tease me for months afterwards about our friends bodies and what their nipples and asses looked like.

Boy that was a fun trip!
Missing a Link...
RE: Illinois River to River Relay 3/30/2006 9:20PM - in reply to Freido Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Great stories, but...uhhh...I'm still looking for a fast guy to run on my team...
moroney
RE: Illinois River to River Relay 3/30/2006 10:09PM - in reply to Missing a link... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey, I have done this race once a few years ago and was the anchor. We finished third after one of our guys had to walk for about 2 miles of one leg do to a hamstring pull. Email me and I will give you my background. Let me know where you guys are driving from, and what kind of guys are on the team.

Todd Moroney

Missing a link... wrote:

I am captain of a competitive men's open team for the River to River relay that takes place across southern Illinois on April 22nd. We had a guy drop out due to injury, so i am suddenly short a man. Is anyone interested in running on our team? We're a competitive team that has finished in the top 5 for the last 8 or more years. The faster you are, the better. I'd prefer a sub 17 min 5K guy, or something equivalent to that. Reply to this post if you're interested. More info on the relay in the link below. Thanks!