Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
i wanna kno
COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 7:50PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Who is the cockiest male runner? There has to be some really bad ones out there....Do you know anyone who thinks they're better than anyone else?
Katy Lied
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 7:54PM - in reply to i wanna kno Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The has-been who saw fear in the eyes of El G after taking a humiliating and well deserved ass kicking from him.
? WHO
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 8:02PM - in reply to Katy Lied Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WHICH ONE WOULD THAT BE?
Katy Lied
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 8:06PM - in reply to Katy Lied Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I can't bring myself to say the name He Who Scared El G, much like my distaste for She Who Saved Herself For Zurich.
? WHO
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 8:07PM - in reply to Katy Lied Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WELL WHAT RACE WAS IT THAT HE WAS IN?
pklpo
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 8:12PM - in reply to ? WHO Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
it's gabe jennings. there, i spared you the search.
i'm new
RE: IEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 8:14PM - in reply to pklpo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
hard to beat mo greene
J_hutch
RE: IEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 8:20PM - in reply to i'm new Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
AJ Acosta, lol
oldguy
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 8:45PM - in reply to Katy Lied Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think that Gabe was probably just off his lithium that day. It was pretty weird, even by his standards.

Personally, I think that Gabe and Suzy were good for the sport, although they sometimes said some pretty cringe-inducing things in post-race interviews. Both of them could have been bigger sports figures, but Gabe was Gabe, and Suzy was possibly denied superstar status within the U.S. by the evil RJ.
neuman
RE: IEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 9:19PM - in reply to J_hutch Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

J_hutch wrote:

AJ Acosta, lol

AJ = tool bag
Hornier than thou
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 9:24PM - in reply to i wanna kno Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Anyone remember Said Aouita? Yeah, there's your guy.
Cockiest?
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 10:11PM - in reply to Hornier than thou Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This d-bag/chef:

http://www.mensracing.com/photos/2004/usaindoor04/tnails/usaindoor26.jpg

guess it runs in the line of the stanfurd runners.
jason lunn
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/19/2005 10:12PM - in reply to Hornier than thou Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
me. i'm the cockiest!
Que Onda
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/20/2005 2:23AM - in reply to jason lunn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Aj Acosta is WAY too cocky...he's a Senior in high school, 18 (maybe) years old...and has not accomplished anything post-HS. granted he has not had the chance yet, but I do not feel he will either. This was not a very deep field at footlockers. He will probably get hurt and blame the rest of his sorry collegiate career on his ONE naggin injury. Let's just say this...He's not Withrow, Ritz, Torres, etc. HE"S NOTHING!!!!!
GB entry
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/20/2005 3:36AM - in reply to i wanna kno Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Don't know him personally, but the cockiest thing I've seen at a race was Chris Thompson pulling tongues at the camera all the way down the home straight whilst winning the AAA 5k in 2004 in the world class time of 13.40 something. Maybe he's not cocky though, maybe he's just a dick.
hall monitor
RE: IEST Male runner out there? 12/20/2005 4:30AM - in reply to J_hutch Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
BINGO!!!! You sir, are correct.

J_hutch wrote:

AJ Acosta, lol
Slow AK
RE: IEST Male runner out there? 12/20/2005 5:24AM - in reply to hall monitor Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Craig Mottram....But he sure runs fast as hell.
garfield
RE: IEST Male runner out there? 12/20/2005 5:48AM - in reply to Slow AK Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That brings up the question...is it alright to be as cocky as you want if you can win the races and post the times to back it up?
Logic
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/20/2005 5:50AM - in reply to i wanna kno Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Back in the day it had to be Dennis Mitchell.

Carl Lewis was also cocky as hell but less vocal about it.

Dennis was more in your face.

For distance runners:

Marty Liquori had a cocky edge to him;

Shorter did as well although somewhat more quiet;

Pre definately did, often vocal;
SB
RE: COCKIEST Male runner out there? 12/20/2005 6:11AM - in reply to Logic Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How about my favorite, Nourredine Morceli:
"When I step to the line, my mind is filled with questions ... Who will be second? Who will be third?"

I love that guy, my second favorite runner (after John Walker).

As for US distance runners, how about Teddy M?
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |