numb
numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 2:10PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I sat in class for like 8 hrs straight the last few days, was not running so much and my legs have been numb and tingly for like 3 days since. i figured no biggie for a few days but now more concerned. actually as I think about this has been going on for about a year off and on. my legs are not weak, I have no loss of sensation or pain anywhere just the tingling like they are going to sleep. please help.
soggy and wet
RE: numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 3:20PM - in reply to numb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Go see a nurologist (sp) to get it checked out. You may be having nerve problems in your legs. It usually means a problem in you back somewhere.Get it checked out soon don't ignore it.
Locknload
RE: numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 3:28PM - in reply to soggy and wet Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agreed with soggy. Sounds like a pinched nerve possibly in your back. I've had numbness in the past, legs and hands. They thought for a while that I might have MS but I don't think that is the case. Eventually it went away except sometimes in my hands I still get it. You could try massage therapy or a chiropractor. You're back might just need some fine tuning. Or it could be something worse but unlikely in my opinion.
numb
RE: numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 6:22PM - in reply to Locknload Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
thanksl shouldn't i have back pain or stiffness or something if i had a back problem though?
if you only knew but...
RE: numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 6:35PM - in reply to numb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Get off the meth.
soggy and wet
RE: numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 7:09PM - in reply to if you only knew but... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
not all the time. AS stated you could have a pinchd nerve whcih i believe doesn't cause the usual back pain, but the disc is out of alignment sort of speaking and it is resting on the nerve. The most common symptom would be the numbness in the legs. Good luck
Yeah . . .
RE: numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 7:23PM - in reply to numb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I once stunned a nerve that runs alongside my thigh icing for some hip soreness. My entire upper leg was numb/tingling for about two and a half weeks. Perhaps you just stunned a nerve in your legs, which my trainer says can happen from ice, heat, or pressure, particularly if you are very thin like me. When sitting change positions often so you don't screw it up more. Obviously, if it persists for more than three weeks, spreads/intensifies, or you begin feel weakness then you better see a doctor.
Person Man
RE: numbness, feels like my legs are asleep all the time 10/11/2005 7:30PM - in reply to numb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm no doctor, but that sounds like a symptom of compartment syndrome. Regardless, I'd get it checked out.