SI Joint Problem
SI Joint Injury - Does This Ever Heal 100% ??? 10/11/2005 12:34PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I injured my SI Joint and it is very Hypermobile. The right side is unstable and it is due to a bunch of messed up ligaments.

I'm still in pain and I have not been able to run since late August. Right now in Physical Therapy, but want to know is this a long term problem?

Is there anyone out there who had a Hypermobile SI Joint and it healed 100% and returned to running normally with no pain?

How long did it take? What types of therapy or treatment did you get?

Worried and distraught at the thought of not being able to run again and being in chronic pain.
oft injured
RE: SI Joint Injury - Does This Ever Heal 100% ??? 10/11/2005 12:39PM - in reply to SI Joint Problem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What state do you live in? I know some good doctors who could probably help depending on where you live. I think you'll be able to run again; unless you did something catastrophic like fall off a cliff, there's usually always something to be done to heal these injuries. I know from personal experience, having had almost everything possible in a short career.
SI Joint Problem
RE: SI Joint Injury - Does This Ever Heal 100% ??? 10/11/2005 2:03PM - in reply to oft injured Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks - I need some advice. Do you mind sending exchanging email information?

I am at: got_to_run_long@hotmail.com

Just down in the dumps and seeking some hope and encouragement.
Big Stick
RE: SI Joint Injury - Does This Ever Heal 100% ??? 10/11/2005 6:42PM - in reply to SI Joint Problem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Go to Google and type in Prolotherapy. I think you will like what you find. I've had several of my athletes treated by this method with good positive results. Let us know and please say thanks!!!
Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX
Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX 10/11/2005 7:02PM - in reply to Big Stick Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
DO NOT DO PROLOTHERAPY. I had prolotherapy for my wrist with Dr. Hauser in Chicago. He is the one who wrote all of the books and claims to be the "leader in Prolotherapy". My wrist has never been the same - hurts like hell and worse off than it was before.

Prolotherapy is a big HOAX where Osteopaths -not even REAL MDs Medical Doctors inject sugar and cod liver oil into your muscles, ligaments, body parts and claim it is the "cure all".

Just go to his site caringmedical.com - gee seems he's got a cure for everything under the sun.
prolo worked
RE: Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX 10/11/2005 8:09PM - in reply to Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i screwed up my si joint very badly in hs after falling hard on a xc course during a race. long story short, my back kept going out on me for over a year and i was in pain all the time. did the prolo and it tightened things up enough that i have had no issues ever since. i was not a believer either, but it's the only thing that worked for me and i tried everything.
RunningPT12
RE: SI Joint Injury - Does This Ever Heal 100% ??? 10/11/2005 8:23PM - in reply to SI Joint Problem Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Try this website - more than you'd ever want to know about SIJ dysfunction.

http://www.kalindra.com/sacroiliac.htm

Personally, I use DonTigny's techniques with my patients with SIJ dysfunction ( including myself - I've had SI problems since high school, when an overzealous podiatrist manipulated my SI joints - long story - screwed up my senior year of track and teh next 3-4 years of training thereafter) and have been fairly successful with that approach.
Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX
Who performed your Prolotherapy? 10/11/2005 8:24PM - in reply to prolo worked Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I might be willing to give it another shot - no pun intended.

Can you recommend the person who performed your prolotherapy???

What did they inject in you and how many times or visits did it take? Can you tell us your experience?

My injection was dextrose and I had 10 visits. The first couple of visits my wrist was inflammed and it just got worse and had to stop after 10.
Confirmed Prolo is a Hoax
RE: Who performed your Prolotherapy? 10/12/2005 5:56PM - in reply to Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I too had Prolotherapy on my ankle. After 6 months and 5 injections - no change in my ankle.

See how no one ever answered the question of who is a good practioner to go for Prolotherapy???

Confirms that Prolotherapy is snake oil and a cruel joke on people and only practioners want to take advantage of you and your $.
zxcvbbn
RE: Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX 10/12/2005 7:08PM - in reply to Prolotherapy is a Big HOAX Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
hey dumba$$, hauser is an MD not an osteopath
Incompetent Medical Doctors
Dr. Hauser is an MD and is a Hoax 10/15/2005 7:59AM - in reply to zxcvbbn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dr. Hauser is an MD and he still F-CKS UP. Good thing he is not a surgeon. Hope he has alot of medical malpractice insurance.

He shoots needles into people and charges them big $ bucks.