Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
rojo
co-founder
Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/3/2012 11:53PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sad news to report here.

Eric Kweder, who was 9th in 1995 as an 11th grader (one spot ahead of fellow 11th grader and eventual 2004 US Olympian Jonathon Riley) and then 17th as a senior, has been arrested for killing his landlord.

Kweder has popped up in a number of LetsRun threads over the years:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Eric+Kweder+site%3Aletsrun.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

More info on the crime here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/andy-yun-identified-as-victim-in-franconia-killing/2012/12/03/5ec62fca-3d5b-11e2-a2d9-822f58ac9fd5_blog.html

Runners World is reporting that Kweder twice attended the "University of the Cumberlands in Lexington, Kentucky, where he holds the school records for the 3000-meter steeplechase (9:05) and 5000 meters (14:34)."
Exucrunner
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 3:08AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
wow..thats sad news indeed i just talked to him about 2 days ago and he was in high sprits ready to resume his running..i hope its not true!!!
survey says
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 3:51AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The article linked describes the victim as Kweder's roommate, not landlord.
Thats nuts
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 3:54AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can't tell you how many times I saw the guy.

One of my coaches knew him fairly well. The dude must have snapped or something.
rebelscum
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 4:38AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sounds like it could be a lovers' spat (or not).
nopww
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 4:54AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sad
Thats nuts
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 5:29AM - in reply to rebelscum Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rebelscum wrote:

Sounds like it could be a lovers' spat (or not).

3 dudes living together in their 30's in gay friendly area. you decide.
H1V VH1
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 5:44AM - in reply to Thats nuts Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He had to have been gay. Franconia is a gay-heavy area outside of DC and many gay houses pop up with numerous young men living together.

Yu could have been his roommate, landlord and gay lover.

Obviously, guy had major anger management issues. Maybe Yu said he was going to "out" him?

Tragic situation.
So Creepy
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 5:45AM - in reply to Exucrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Exucrunner wrote:
i just talked to him about 2 days ago

Consider yourself lucky. You escaped death. He had already killed a man at that point. You talked to a killer.
concerned citizen
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 5:54AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I hope parents around the country now see what running may lead to.
B. Costas
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 7:09AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What I believe is, if he didn't possess/own a blunt object, Yu would be alive today
merrr
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 7:25AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:

Runners World is reporting that Kweder twice attended the "University of the Cumberlands in Lexington, Kentucky, where he holds the school records for the 3000-meter steeplechase (9:05) and 5000 meters (14:34)."

University of Cumberlands is not in Lexington. It's in Williamsburg, KY almost 2 hours away.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Lexington,+KY&daddr=University+of+cumberlands&hl=en&sll=37.6,-95.665&sspn=45.871627,107.138672&geocode=FQh0RAIdXJP2-ikl65zMKURCiDHdT4yQQYPwhA%3BFS2RMAIdHsX7-iF5qrIjQMMhYilTpwTul-ZciDF5qrIjQMMhYg&t=h&mra=ls&z=9
Flagpole
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 7:53AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
man, what a sad story. I remembered his name because I lived in the DC area in 1995, and he along with Sharif Karie were the great high school runners during my time in DC.
worst poster
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 7:58AM - in reply to merrr Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey, take it easy and look on the bright side, the number of people who have ever heard of the
University of the Cumberlands doubled based on this thread alone.
Tyrone Greene
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 7:59AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Scoonie
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 9:43AM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This guy sounds like a lost soul. Not a lot of direction in his life.

What did he do right after high school?
wowwwww
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 10:02AM - in reply to Scoonie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I knew him for awhile. Definitely a weird kid and as others stated before no real direction. He seemed nice enough though.
Turd ball
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 10:05AM - in reply to H1V VH1 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

H1V VH1 wrote:

He had to have been gay. Franconia is a gay-heavy area outside of DC and many gay houses pop up with numerous young men living together.

Yu could have been his roommate, landlord and gay lover.

Obviously, guy had major anger management issues. Maybe Yu said he was going to "out" him?

Tragic situation.

Actually that makes a ton of sense. Doesn't justify murder though.

I have a bad feeling this will be another 'running' thing on the national news.
PRRRR
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 10:07AM - in reply to Scoonie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He went to Brevard I think after HS, but then dropped out there and went into the Marines. After the Marines he went to another NAIA school somewhere in the west/mid-west.
Tyrannosaurus Rexing
RE: Two-Time Foot Locker Finalist Arrested For Murder 12/4/2012 10:13AM - in reply to B. Costas Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

B. Costas wrote:

What I believe is, if he didn't possess/own a blunt object, Yu would be alive today

Yes, since is a known fact that people can be murdered (or commit suicide) in ways that do not involve guns, stating that guns are a huge problem in this country and lead to violence is stupid.

Great point and hilarious satire! You need to be hired by late night comedy or maybe the Onion with wit like that.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |