Seb Low
Need some Clarifcation on coaching Advice 2/17/2012 8:16PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The below quote/advice was the web site a couple weeks back....

My question regarding this training......to make this training work, what kind of weekly mileage are we looking at? what is the distance of the hills? How may times a week are we doing hills and strides?

I am basically looking to run 19:00 for a 5k on 25 to 30 miles a week plus some biking, swim and little strength training. I am in my early 40's, mid 20's I ran 16:42 in the 5k, was a 1:54 half miler in college.....at this point I could run maybe 21 for a 5k and just looking for something different to try as in the work outs....thanks for any input...

Free Coaching Advice
"No formal interval training. No mile repeats. No tempo runs either."
"Hills and strides, that's all we do. It's cross-country year-around. Training does not change from summer to fall to winter. The weather changes, that's all."
"Hills for strength, strides for speed. We keep it simple."
- HS girls super-coach Neal Levy, the coach of HS girls mile leader Samantha Nadel, as well as 12 sub-11:30 3k girls and 4 sub-10:05 3k girls, offering some simple coaching advice. Base is very, very important. Workouts way less so
some clarification
RE: Need some Clarifcation on coaching Advice 2/17/2012 9:03PM - in reply to Seb Low Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
read the full article. I think they were doing hills something like 3x/week and strides 3x as well as well as a 90 minute long run every 10 days. the hill workouts sounded like several hilly miles, pushing up all the hills.
should getta brother under 19, as long as you're not fat.
Seb Low
RE: Need some Clarifcation on coaching Advice 2/18/2012 6:30AM - in reply to some clarification Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I really didn't see the full article...thanks...

For the record.....graduated high school 145lb......college-148lb.....20 years later I am at 162 lb at 5'11.....might be slow and weak minded but not fat!
some clarification
RE: Need some Clarifcation on coaching Advice 2/18/2012 9:00AM - in reply to Seb Low Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Seb Low
RE: Need some Clarifcation on coaching Advice 2/19/2012 7:30AM - in reply to some clarification Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I read the article....there really is no short cuts to racing fast!!! Myabe I will try to take the same idea with less miles....