Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL
FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/14/2012 5:44PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Frezer Legesse, a student who ran for U.S. Grant Highschool, a school that is nationally recognized as being the #1 poorest, trashiest, lowest test scoring school in the United States, recently ran a 3:58 indoor mile at Arkansas.

Afet being at ou for less than 2 years, Frezer has become the faster miler in Oklahoma history. Not only is he the faster miler in Oklahoma history, this young man is also the only sub 4 miler other than Mark Thompson that is a product of an Oklahoma highschool. Even the great Kevin Schwab, who holds 9 gold medals in highschool track and cross country and is a product of a rich family, rich school, and rich training facilities, has not been able to come within 6 seconds of Frezer's mark.

All things considered, with emphasis on being a product of the poorest highschool in America with a 30% graduation rate and 98% below federal poverty level, this young man has made SouthWest Oklahoma City proud.

Congratulations Frezer.
Go Generals. Red and Grey all the way.

http://www.flashresults.com/2012_Meets/indoor/02-10-TysonInvite/Results43-1.htm
Sir Lance-alot
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/14/2012 5:49PM - in reply to 5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
His sounds Ethiopian, correct?

Then why would you be surprised?
trackheadd
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/14/2012 5:52PM - in reply to Sir Lance-alot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Sir Lance-alot wrote:

His sounds Ethiopian, correct?

Then why would you be surprised?

His parents are. The kid was raised down in oklahoma.
Thought I had it
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 12:26PM - in reply to trackheadd Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Though not a mile, it should be noted that honorable mention should be given to both Phil Price (catoosa/Arkansas) and Bryan Young (jenks/Arkansas/okst), who both ran 3.43 for 1500 during their collegiate careers. It should also be noted that Schwab is not a miler, but rather a 5000/10000m man.
slowdown90s
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 12:34PM - in reply to Thought I had it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Three guys Sub 3:59..wow not bad at all
trackheadd
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 6:24PM - in reply to Thought I had it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Thought I had it wrote:

It should also be noted that Schwab is not a miler, but rather a 5000/10000m man.

And 3k. Would love to see Schwab vs Colby Lowe or Legesse in a 3k outdoors.

Btw, to the original poster, you left out the statistics of U.S. Grant ranking #1 in the country in student/teacher assaults, #1 in the country in vandalism, #1 in the country in teenage pregnancy, and #2 in the country in lowest percentage of students that speak english 9% (#1 is el paso highschool with 6%).
este guey
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 6:33PM - in reply to trackheadd Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

trackheadd wrote:

Thought I had it wrote:

It should also be noted that Schwab is not a miler, but rather a 5000/10000m man.

And 3k. Would love to see Schwab vs Colby Lowe or Legesse in a 3k outdoors.

Btw, to the original poster, you left out the statistics of U.S. Grant ranking #1 in the country in student/teacher assaults, #1 in the country in vandalism, #1 in the country in teenage pregnancy, and #2 in the country in lowest percentage of students that speak english 9% (#1 is el paso highschool with 6%).

where are you getting these statistics?
Gaylen Rupp
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 6:39PM - in reply to este guey Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
this pretty much proves the genetic argument that blacks are a superior race
Umm No
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 6:58PM - in reply to 5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know Kevin Schwab , he is not from a rich family, rich school and rich training facilities...ha... Props to Frezer! He is running great!
Huh Wait A Min
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:14PM - in reply to 5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL wrote:

Even the great Kevin Schwab, who holds 9 gold medals in highschool track and cross

Gold medals in highschool track and cross? Say what?
Norman Runner
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:28PM - in reply to Umm No Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Umm No wrote:

I know Kevin Schwab , he is not from a rich family, rich school and rich training facilities...ha... Props to Frezer! He is running great!

You have obviously never been to Mustang Oklahoma or South Okc. They are on opposite ends of the socioeconomic spectrum. I work in the waste profession and drive a dumptruck for the city of Norman. One of my co-workers is an ex-con who served federal prison time in McAlester Oklahoma. He attended U.S. Grant High before being sent to a special school for federally documented gang members called Emerson High. Once at Emerson, he said he was in "heaven" after comparing it to U.S. Grant. In addition, he also added that the environment at the State Prison in McAlester was much cleaner than Grant and some of the inmates even had double-digit I.Q.'s, (hinting that Grant students only had single-digit I.Q.'s.)

I always laugh at youth who overwhelm themselves with getting the newest pair of Air Force 1 sneakers, when students at Grant High don't even have 1 single pair of shoes to wear. Not to mention socks too.

What makes you think Kevin Schwab ever.....ever.....went 1 day of having track/xc practice on an empty stomach?

Many of the sports at Grant have been cancelled because of youth not being able to compete due to lack of money for food. The only meal they eat each day is the free one that they get at school. My co-worker informed me last week that the all athletes at Grant High, regardless of which sport they play, are having to resort to competing in those shoes called "water-doggs" that you buy at wal-mart (these were donated to the school by a homeless shelter). How unfortunate it is that schools like Mustang get Nike Zoom Miler spikes, and Grant gets shoes that are meant for puddling through nasty lake water.
Wait, What?
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:30PM - in reply to 5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm sure his family was better off than Geb's.
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:33PM - in reply to Norman Runner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
it is true, Grant High School might be the worst high school in America, so he is the 2nd oklahoman to break 4 in the mile?
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:35PM - in reply to 31254151 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I remember watching state cross his senior year, never broke 17 and went out with the top ten finished in 16:27 and made all state. Right then was when I thought he had a lot of guts
Tim McCoy
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:40PM - in reply to 31254151 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Where are you getting this crap from? Congrats to The Freeze but calm down on the Grant is the worst school in the world cuz it wasn't that bad
TEXAS MADE
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:40PM - in reply to 5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm from Houston Texas and even I've heard some hardcore mess bout Grant H.S.

What I don't understand is how this fool Frazier of w/e his name is, got accepted and has lasted this long at OU. Ain't it a difficult university? Does somebody do all of his work? Im just sayin, if you from that ruff of a school then how do u make it at a D1 university? I run at University of Houston and nobody helps me 1 dam bit with my schoolwork.
Tim McCoy
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:44PM - in reply to TEXAS MADE Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There are plenty of people that went to Grant and graduated from colleges such as OU.
Ghost of Igloi
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:47PM - in reply to 5 STAR GHETTO GENERAL Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think you are wrong here, you forgot Larry Rose over a generation ago. My former teamate at Oklahoma State was the first Oklahoman to break four. Larry graduated from an Oklahoma High School (funnily enough also US Grant HS). Larry Rose ran 3:59.5 in 1971 at the Kansas Relays.

I have to admit Frezer is doing well for a tea sipper.

Ghost of Igloi
Titera1412
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:49PM - in reply to TEXAS MADE Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

TEXAS MADE wrote:

I'm from Houston Texas and even I've heard some hardcore mess bout Grant H.S.

What I don't understand is how this fool Frazier of w/e his name is, got accepted and has lasted this long at OU. Ain't it a difficult university? Does somebody do all of his work? Im just sayin, if you from that ruff of a school then how do u make it at a D1 university? I run at University of Houston and nobody helps me 1 dam bit with my schoolwork.

Perhaps you don't receive any help because you aren't foreign. I run for OBU and the foreigners such as Kenyans and Ethiopians get all of their work done for them by honor students. All the athlete has to do is show up for the test.

I know nothing about this Frazer guy's academic capabilities, but my guess is that OU is treating him as if he came there straight out of Africa and hes getting alot of assistance in the classroom.
Tim McCoy
RE: FORMER OKLAHOMA CITY GRANT HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT RUNS 3:58 MILE INDOORS 2/15/2012 7:49PM - in reply to Ghost of Igloi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Larry Rose won state back in the day in the 800 and mile
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |