pre101
renato canova's marathon training book 12/1/2003 6:15PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i received this book that i ordered from the IAAF.
70 pages covering everything he has posted with more depth.

Chap. 1-physioloigcal aspects of the marathon runners performance--17 pages--highlights-energy production, running at diff. speeds, performance limiting factors in the marathon race

chp. 2- physiological aspects of training-7 pages
highlights-why does training induce a performance improvement?, central aerobic components, effect of various types of runs

chp. 3- Evaluation Test
highlights- how to establish pace better suited to indv. marathon runner, conconi, blood lactate, marathon speed

chp. 4 - Training means for the marathon runner--9 pages
Steady paced continuous
Continuous w/pace variation
Use of diff. training means

chp. 5 - Training schedules for the individual marathon runner. 10 pages
Diff. types of marathon runners
Periodisation
Introduction
Fundamental
Specific

includes about 20 tables and 10 figures

lots of specific training sched. for each period
much of what he has shared plus more.

it is def. worth the $8
want one
RE: renato canova's marathon training book 12/1/2003 6:17PM - in reply to pre101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I went to the IAAF website and couldn't find it. Where exactly did you get yours?
pre101
RE: renato canova's marathon training book 12/1/2003 6:38PM - in reply to want one Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
To: headquarters@iaaf.org
> > Subject: EMail order of Manual
> >
> >
> > > >
> > GUIDES & EVENTS
> > DV 50 Scientific Training for the Marathon (Enrico
> > Arcelli and Renato Canova) (English) 8.00 .....

i sent this email to headquarters@iaaf.org

with my cc# and address and ask them to confirm via email.

which they did the next day..
here
RE: renato canova's marathon training book 12/1/2003 7:29PM - in reply to pre101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
MarkJW
What paces does it coer 12/2/2003 8:36AM - in reply to pre101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is it only for super fast runners, or could a 3:10 runner benefit from it?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
pre101
RE: What paces does it coer 12/2/2003 8:47AM - in reply to MarkJW Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
it is good for all. his examples are obviously with world class runners, but his workouts are shown as a % of marathon pace. for instance --steady fast pace run
20m-40m @ 104%-107% of m.p.
dc449
RE: What paces does it coer 12/9/2004 9:50PM - in reply to pre101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sorry to bump up this ancient thread, but is it possible to order the manual online (using a credit card) or do you have to fill out the form and send it in? Thanks!
blumpy
RE: What paces does it coer 12/10/2004 5:19AM - in reply to dc449 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bumper
want the book
RE: What paces does it coer 12/10/2004 11:11AM - in reply to blumpy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
im confused on how to purchase it.
heres the link
RE: What paces does it coer 12/10/2004 11:14AM - in reply to want the book Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
whoever has bought it
RE: What paces does it coer 12/10/2004 7:31PM - in reply to heres the link Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
how do you buy it?
email
RE: What paces does it coer 12/10/2004 7:43PM - in reply to whoever has bought it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
tell them what you want in the email
Jackfruitman
RE: What paces does it coer 1/25/2011 11:53PM - in reply to email Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I tried to order this book by emailing headquarters@iaaf.org twice, but nobody responded. The sight seems like it hasn't been updated in a while.

Anyone have insight on where I can get Canova's book?
WinIt
RE: What paces does it coer 6/18/2011 8:12PM - in reply to Jackfruitman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bump. Anyone know where to buy Canova's book?
Need a copy
RE: renato canova's marathon training book 6/8/2012 9:39AM - in reply to pre101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does anybody know how toget a copy of this book?
TemporaryMark
RE: renato canova's marathon training book 12/21/2012 8:11AM - in reply to Need a copy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I had a 12/12/2011 form from the website previously. It stated [info@iaaf.org] as the email contact, and I followed the same method as "pre101" above (ie. emailed card details and request, rather than posted them on a form)

Can't find a form on the site now. There is/was no 'online' purchase method. It is still USD8.00. Sent email 17/12, received book today (21/12). Didn't receive the requested email confirmation

So my email looked like this :

======================================================
Subject: Email order of Publication DV50
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:42:56 +0000
To: info@iaaf.org

Hi,
Please send me a copy of "DV 50" (Renato Canova book). Below are my address and Visa credit card details (as the "Publications Order Form" specified) for you to deduct USD8.00

Please confirm by email

Thanks, Mark

---------------------------
GUIDES & EVENTS
DV 50 Scientific Training for the Marathon (Enrico Arcelli and Renato
Canova) (English) US$8.00
---------------------------

NAME ON CARD : [REDACTED]
NUMBER OF THE CARD : [REDACTED]
EXPIRY DATE : [REDACTED]
SECURITY CODE : [REDACTED]

[MyName - REDACTED]
[MyPostalAddress - REDACTED]

======================================================

Hope that helps
TS75
RE: renato canova's marathon training book 6/16/2013 11:47PM - in reply to pre101 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hi,
This is been an old post. How do I get that Renato Canova's book? I am little worried by sending my CC info over the email.

Does anyone have that e-book copy? I might pay them via paypal if they want to share with me.
The Hobby Hobbler
RE: renato canova's marathon training book 6/22/2013 10:54AM - in reply to TS75 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bump.

Any ideas about this?