Pages: | 1 | 2 |
LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/24/2005 9:45PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Congrats to Jason in (...)
for getting quoted by Steve Cram:
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/athletics/comment/0,10083,1600038,00.html

the quote is: "their efforts are going to make Balco look like kids playing with a chemistry set in comparison."
and is from this thread:
http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=1076091

(and once again a major publication quotes from letsrun.com without acknowledging the source but Cram can do whatever he wants since he is Steve Cram)
Ovett
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/24/2005 10:01PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I don't buy for a second that Crammy needed help from some fool on an internet message board to come up with that.
trackhead
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/24/2005 10:07PM - in reply to Ovett Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
did you read the article?

from Jason on the thread:
I believe that right now, as we speak, Chinese scientists are cooking up undetectable steroids, blood builders and hormones, possibly derived from elements of Chinese medicine. Their efforts are going to make BALCO look like kids playing with a chemistry set in comparison.

from Steve Cram's article:
An American runner who has recently spent time training and racing in China observed that "their efforts are going to make Balco look like kids playing with a chemistry set in comparison."
maple lover
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 12:45AM - in reply to trackhead Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Cram is making hearsay seem like official verification of the drug regime of a major power. Bad journalism. But I guess he isn't a journalist. I note he didn't include any of mayeroff's other paranoid nonsense.
objective person
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 2:31AM - in reply to maple lover Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is funny how the west are pointing fingers at China yet the country which has been shown to have the most extensive network for the distribution of performance enhancing drugs in recent years is the US.
miamiredhawk
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 5:03AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can't wait to see what Jason thinks about this.
Outsider
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 6:26AM - in reply to Ovett Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The source was a runner who spent time in China. What was he supposed to say some guy from a message board said..""? "I am not sure of his real name though as nobody uses them on message boards" ...and maybe thats because he doesnt want to be used as a source...

I thought it was a good article anyway
maple lover
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 6:40AM - in reply to Outsider Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Outsider wrote:

Unattributed quotes are a no-no in good articles.
METERS
RE: Letsrun = Drudgereport 10/25/2005 6:55AM - in reply to maple lover Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Letsrun is becoming the Drudgereport of athletic websites. People go to these underground sites for the latest news.
anonymous coward
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 6:56AM - in reply to maple lover Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Jason is one of the few who uses his real name for all of his posting.
1337hax0r
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 6:58AM - in reply to Ovett Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ovett wrote:

I don't buy for a second that Crammy needed help from some fool on an internet message board to come up with that.

Way to go, Ovett. Glad you were paying attention there.
maple lover
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 7:31AM - in reply to anonymous coward Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

anonymous coward wrote:

It's still an unattributed quote.

The quote didn't mention mayeroff, jason or letsrun, just an American runner.
journalism 102
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 7:56AM - in reply to maple lover Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

maple lover wrote:

Outsider wrote:

Unattributed quotes are a no-no in good articles.

They are no no's unles you are the mainstream media quoting from a blog, a website, etc. These "journalists" don't want to acknowledge that there are other avenues of news not run by professional "journalists" where they get a lot of info. Elitists pricks.

Sports illustrated as the headline alludes to based a whole article on comments on jeremy wariner from this website and never said where they came from.
sweet deal
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 7:56AM - in reply to maple lover Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Awesome, Ovett posted in this thread. Now all we need is Cram to identify himself, Coe to get his butt on here, and Scott to post.
why or why not!
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 8:10AM - in reply to maple lover Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just out of interest why should he have used any of these...maybe he did hear it from an american runner in a conversation! (maybe this american runner did read it on letsrun but didnt mention that when letting crammy know!)
MAYEROFF
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 8:58AM - in reply to anonymous coward Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

anonymous coward wrote:

Not true entirely. I do post anonymously from time-to-time. I would say that about 95% of my postings are under the MAYEROFF name. The other 5% are for you to figure out.

Steve Cram owes me and letsrun a public apology in the British press.
oh boy
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 9:13AM - in reply to MAYEROFF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

MAYEROFF wrote:

Steve Cram owes me and letsrun a public apology in the British press.
Get over yourself. I think Steve Cram did not quote you because to quote a promiscuous guy who pops up on message boards with gross sexuall explicit messages would be journalistic suicide.
nice job
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 9:49AM - in reply to oh boy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sue them
kreepiness
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 9:51AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
this article provides some support for jason's quote

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2094-1602490,00.html
The Pope
RE: Steve Cram an Anonymous LetsRun.com Reader 10/25/2005 11:31AM - in reply to kreepiness Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Go MAYEROFF! I don't know about some of your comments, but anytime you get those sensitive types all riled up on here, it's hilarious.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |