Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |
Nappy Roots
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 6:15AM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There will be some blind, devoted, and delusional followers of Canova until he is caught. We've seen this before, historically, and we will see it again when he falls. Just as Lance, Marion, Tim, and others have had God-like followers who are committed to believing in them and their word, Canova has the same.

At this point, Canova, you come across as someone who will never admit what we all know until you are caught. You are no different from Lance in my opinion and a lot of folks here on the boards share these feelings. Many have remained quiet out of fear of getting their post deleted, being banned, or just not wanting to respond to the negative feedback/bashing from others. But, I have said it before and will say it again: not only are you extremely suspicious to me, but I believe you are one of the main ring-leaders who have direct involvement with doping in Kenya and other East African nations. You exploit their conditions and needs, using it for your own financial gain. You don't care about their long-term health, profit off their fraudulent success, and travel the world about how your "special" knowledge of training has contributed to their success. PED's does help the top athletes. In fact, it helps all athletes. And as sure as the other frauds have come falling over the years, you will as well. Get your law team on stand-by.

You disgust me.
Jeff Wigand
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 6:16AM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How did that work out for Martin Fagan and Galvan-Hunter?

just sayin wrote:

blood passport 2009.......

of course they could use epo when training out of competition
Jeff Wigand
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 6:17AM - in reply to Nappy Roots Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Nappy Roots wrote:

There will be some blind, devoted, and delusional followers of Canova until he is caught. We've seen this before, historically, and we will see it again when he falls. Just as Lance, Marion, Tim, and others have had God-like followers who are committed to believing in them and their word, Canova has the same.

At this point, Canova, you come across as someone who will never admit what we all know until you are caught. You are no different from Lance in my opinion and a lot of folks here on the boards share these feelings. Many have remained quiet out of fear of getting their post deleted, being banned, or just not wanting to respond to the negative feedback/bashing from others. But, I have said it before and will say it again: not only are you extremely suspicious to me, but I believe you are one of the main ring-leaders who have direct involvement with doping in Kenya and other East African nations. You exploit their conditions and needs, using it for your own financial gain. You don't care about their long-term health, profit off their fraudulent success, and travel the world about how your "special" knowledge of training has contributed to their success. PED's does help the top athletes. In fact, it helps all athletes. And as sure as the other frauds have come falling over the years, you will as well. Get your law team on stand-by.

You disgust me.

How about you make a cogent argument based on science to refute the points you disagree with? Because as it stands, your position sounds a lot like, "I don't understand it, so I don't buy it."
yyy
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 7:05AM - in reply to Dr. Rosenrosen Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Canova wrote in a different thread that it was not obvious
that this was better than no EPO and longer rest between
hard efforts. So the answer is again no, EPO only
helps mediocre 2:07 guys.
that other guy
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 7:54AM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

just sayin wrote:

blood passport 2009.......

of course they could use epo when training out of competition

How many times does a 2nd tier kenyan get tested per year? Maybe twice if it all. Is that enough to draw conclusions from the bio passport chart? I doubt it.

For someone like Makau, Kipsang, Lel, Mutai, it will be a lot harder and I highly doubt we will see WR this year or even 2:04 in London. 2:05 for the win.

Ever wonder why in Dubai 2012, all the no names ran 2:04's?
Ho Hum
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 7:56AM - in reply to that other guy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Exactly how often do you think any 2nd tier road runner is getting tested?
yyy
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 7:57AM - in reply to that other guy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
have they done anything spectacular since?
just sayin
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 8:09AM - in reply to that other guy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i was replying to posts on epo tests
some people seem to believe you couldn't use it after 2000
webby
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 8:43AM - in reply to Renato Canova Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Renato Canova wrote:
Renato Canova is here, and doesn't hide himself behind a finger, like the most part of people in Letsrun.
The fact some athlete can use doping doesn't mean this can work for the top runners.
I explained several times that, with the specific attitude and the physiological qualities of the top runners, EPO doesn't give any advantage, and I continue to support this thesis, also if can seem I'm a ignorant or a cheater.

The idea that an athlete could naturally produce blood qualities that Epo could not improve upon strikes me as possible in theory.

Renato Canova wrote:EPO DOESN'T HELP TOP KENYAN ATHLETES.

This seems like a giant and improbably leap of faith to me. Disclaimer: I am a scientist, but not a physiologist and not a coach. So I trust that you know far, far more about this than I do. But you haven't even given any reason for me to believe that an athlete who didn't quite have the ability or work ethic to be a top Kenyan athlete couldn't *become* a top Kenyan athlete with the help of Epo.

If I missed it, could you indulge me and explain why that wouldn't be possible? If it is possible, particularly in light of recently confirmed allegations about Kenyan drug use by athletes who would be considered quite elite by American standards, I think it's unlikely that all top Kenyan athletes are drug-free.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, however, if drug use is less common among top Kenyan athletes than it is among top Americans.

And whether you are right or wrong about this speculation, I continue to rate you as the single most informative coach on the internet.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.
yyy
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 9:04AM - in reply to webby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
it will be interesting to see who is correct. we will know
5-10 years down the road. Exciting times! stay tuned.
Left Said Fred
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 9:15AM - in reply to that other guy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

that other guy wrote:
Ever wonder why in Dubai 2012, all the no names ran 2:04's?

There were four men under 2:05 at Dubai in 2012:

Ayele Abshero was the 2009 World Junior Cross Country Champion and had run 59:21 for half marathon the year prior.

Dino Sefer was a little less well known, but won a half marathon in France in 59:42 in 2011.

Markos Geneti has had a long international career, mostly at 3000m and 5000m, before winning the Los Angeles Marathon in a course record 2:06:35 in 2011.

Jonathan Maiyo had two sub-1hr half marathons to his credit before 2012, including a 59:08 run at the Rotterdam half marathon in 2009.

Also in Dubai's favour: I believe it is easily the fastest marathon course in the world today and they offer huge amounts of prize money, free from taxation, and not a penny of appearance money.
lost in Boston
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 11:59AM - in reply to Left Said Fred Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Number of marks in the top ten men's marks of all time in the past five years:

1500 meters - zero
3000 meters - zero
5000 meters - one
10,000 meters - zero
Marathon - nine (with 25 of top 26 marks achieved in last 5 years)

That has got to tell us a few things.
yyy
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 12:35PM - in reply to lost in Boston Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
namely the flux of talent away from the track and to the roads. why? $$$$$
Ho Hum
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 12:55PM - in reply to lost in Boston Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

lost in Boston wrote:

1500 meters - zero
3000 meters - zero
5000 meters - one
10,000 meters - zero

Yeah, it tells us that the marathon is finally approaching parity with track events. I don't think 2:04 is intrinsically better than 12:45-12:50 5ks, which guys still run on the rare occasion that they run an evenly paced 5k.
lost in Boston
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/25/2013 7:32PM - in reply to yyy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

yyy wrote:

namely the flux of talent away from the track and to the roads. why? $$$$$

The best track runners do not go to the marathon for a good reason - and it is also money. If you are the best on the track you make a pile of money.

Do you think these 2.04 marathoners - most of whom do not win the major marathons - could win the 1500 or the 5000 or the 10,000? Of course not.

The fact is, the dopers are a bit more reticent than they were in the 90's and early to mid 2000s. Things are getting a little tighter. The Olympics showed that. (With the glaring exception of the US women sprinters. Puhleazze.)
yyy
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/26/2013 2:57AM - in reply to lost in Boston Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The 2:04 marathoners would have been 2nd tier track people and so they make much more money becoming 1-5 in big city marathon. So it is $$$$.
Lover of Kenyans
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/26/2013 5:10AM - in reply to lost in Boston Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Come one dude, most top Kenyan runners are attracted by the money in marathon. You can trace the increased prizes in marathon with the improved performances

lost in Boston wrote:

1500 meters - zero
3000 meters - zero
5000 meters - one
10,000 meters - zero

High Wire
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/26/2013 7:18AM - in reply to Lover of Kenyans Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why hasn't the supposed money influx on the roads affected the Americans the same way? It certainly hasn't deterred Ritz from the 10000.
yyy
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/26/2013 7:44AM - in reply to High Wire Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
last time I checked, Ritz is not a second-tier American and he is also running marathons.
Samiamam
RE: More Kenyan Doping 3/26/2013 8:12AM - in reply to Ho Hum Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ho Hum wrote:

lost in Boston wrote:

1500 meters - zero
3000 meters - zero
5000 meters - one
10,000 meters - zero

Yeah, it tells us that the marathon is finally approaching parity with track events. I don't think 2:04 is intrinsically better than 12:45-12:50 5ks, which guys still run on the rare occasion that they run an evenly paced 5k.

People will focus efforts where money is made. The time trial marathons have changed the meaning of times. Now the 2:04 gets these guys appearance fees and.a shot at WMM. For what it is worth, the Dubai 2012 heros blew up in the Olympics. ETH may have been better of with marsthon racers.

Also, those who are willing to cheat also focus more on where money is made. All top countries have runners who dope, including the US. Kenya and Ethiopia need to address their issues.

I can't understand RCs arguments. It seems unlikely to be valid and it is very hard to tell when someone meets his definition of top athlete. It see,s like the problem is eliminated by definition.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |