Day 3, March 9, 2014
USA's Chanelle Price Wins World 800m Indoor Gold Leading Wire-To-Wire, Poland's Angelika Cichocka Gets The Silver And Marina Arzamsova BronzeChanelle Price took it out really hard and hung on to win gold at 800 at the World Indoors. Wire-to-wire, pr, world-leading time for the win. Impressive. Recap, analysis, post-race video. *Post race interview with World Champion Chanelle Price
Genzebe Dibaba Tops Off A Perfect Season With Women's 3000 Gold, Hellen Obiri Silver, Maryam Jamal BronzeGenzebe Dibaba dominated to remain undefeated in 2014 (like Mary Cain), defending champ Hellen Obiri got silver, and the Americans weren't factor.
Final recap with post-race analysis/video. Bernard Lagat at age 39 had a tremendous kick on Sunday, but he met his match in a younger version of himself as Caleb Ndiku was too good the final lap. Galen Rupp was a very respectable 4th.
On The Boards: Official 3k thread - Race of the championships
*What was the message on Ndiku's shirt?
*Daddy Still Can Kick. 39 Year Old Lagat Over Rupp
*I finally understood what Rupp is lacking
*Galen Rupp is the real winner - ran in lane 2/3 the whole time!
Best Race Of Worlds?!: Mohammed Aman Comes From Behind To Win His 15th Straight 800 And Says Bring On RudishaMo Aman did what champions do - find a way to win. The best 800m runner currently on the planet came from behind to pass Adam Kszczot on the final lap before the raucous packed Polish crowd to get gold. Poland was silver and bronze for a little while until Marcin Lewandowski was DQed and Andrew Osagie upgraded to bronze.
On The Boards
- More DQ Drama - Poland's Lewandowski Is DQed - Britain's Andrew Osagie Elevated To Bronze !!!
- Mark my words: Levins will beat Rupp tomorrow.
- I finally understood what Rupp is lacking
- What was the message on Ndiku's shirt?
- Official 3k thread - Race of the championships
- Dibaba Splits!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Men's 4x400m - New WR (03:02:13)
- Renato Canova - can you please tell us more about Caleb Ndiku
- Jordan Hasay would have gotten a bronze today.
- Did Lagat (39y3mts old) beat Rupp once again?