Quote Of The Day
“I think what happens when you have all that success is people just assume that because you’re so good at this, you really want to do this at a high level. And in recruiting Grant, certainly, that was the conversation — Hey, I want to be a world-class athlete, I want to run as a pro for the next 10 years — and I think in many ways he chose Stanford because he believed that was the place that would get him there. He had so much success, he never really had to have that full, total inflection of, What do I really want to do? I said, ‘Grant, you can keep doing what you’re doing, and you can have a college career that everybody would be envious of. You’re probably going to win another NCAA title, you’ll be a 15-time All-American. But if you want to find out how good you can really, really be, we’ve gotta grow every single day. We cannot keep the status quo, we’ve gotta grow every day, you’ve gotta challenge yourself every day to come out of your comfort zone in terms of the way you think, operate, live your life day-to-day.’”
– Stanford coach Chris Miltenberg talking about the conversation he had with Grant Fisher about raising himself to the next level if he wants to have more success beyond the NCAA.
- Am I a "Speedster" or "Endurance Monster"?
- Would you go to war?
- Who will win the 2018 NCAA XC individual crowns? Will an American man (Grant Fisher?) win for the 1st time in 10 yrs?
- I watched Requiem For A Dream last night for the first time. I can't get it out of my head.
- Official Brett Kavanaugh confirmation thread
- NUTTYCOMBE WISCONSIN INVITATIONAL discussion
- First day of intermediate fasting:My Thoughts
- How can you impress strangers with your running skills
- Masters sprinter goes sub 50 at world for 18th year and posts his trainnig, looks pro!
- Coming down from high mileage...feel horrible
- Nike Pegasus 35 Now on Sale $79.98 (Better Shoes)