Recommended Read Ingebrigtsen Brothers Going For Historic 1-2-3 Sweep In Men’s 1,500 Final Today (translated) Both Henrik and Jakob say Filip is the favorite and Henrik puts the odds of a sweep at 20%.
*German Runner Implies That He Thinks Filip Ingebrigtsen Is Doped (in German) He was blown away by how quickly he recovered from a fall in the 1st round. Some on the message board agreed.
- The Guardian: Laura Muir Descends From St. Moritz Eager For 1,500m Euro Gold Muir wants to become the first British woman to win 1,500m gold while also winning her first outdoor medal.
- Athletics Weekly: Laura Muir Will Feed Off Being The Favorite In The 1,500 “I’ve gone from not making the final to hopefully winning the championship. It’s crazy how far you can come in four years but I’m really proud of myself.”
- Video: Behind The Scenes At A British Athletics Training Camp A 14-minute video with GB distance runners Laura Muir, Charlie Grice, Marc Scott and Charlotte Purdue training at their camp in St. Moritz.
- RRW: Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad Wins Fourth European Steeplechase Title It wasn’t easy for him, though, as he ran 8:31 and was pushed by Spain’s Fernando Carro (8:34) and Italy’s Ethiopian born Yohanes Chiappinelli (8:35).
- Norway’s World Champion Karsten Warholm Blazes 47.64 Win In The 400H While Turkey’s 200m World Champ Clocks 19.76 Victory At Euro Champs Warholm broke his own national record to complete the first half of his 400H/400 Euro double. Olympic PV champ Ekaterini Stefanidi cleared a championship record 4.85m. Belarus’ Elvira Herman was a surprise winner in the women’s 100H (12.67).
*Video: Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad Showboats In 3,000m Steeplechase Win Unfortunately the video is region locked to Europe.
- 400 Hurdler Thomas Barr Makes History With Ireland’s First Men’s Sprint Medal Ever At Euro Champs Cathal Dennehy writes, “Despite his form coming in being no better than mediocre, [Barr] conjured up a one-lap sprint that was akin to sporting sorcery.” Leon Reid couldn’t match Barr’s bronze, though, as he ended up only 7th in the 200 final.
*Irish Examiner: “Thomas Barr’s Bronze A Delightful Vindication Of His Talent”
- Thomas Rohler And Andreas Hofmann Deliver One-Two For Germany In Javelin
- Germany’s Former Olympic Discus Champ Robert Harting Was 6th In The Last European Champs Of His Career
- GB’s Katarina Johnson-Thompson Storms To Lead After Heptathlon Day 1 She leads the favorite, Olympic champ Nafi Thiam, by 87 points.