Quote Of The Day
“After the gun went and I entered the home straight I realised I wasn’t too far behind Usain. It is a crazy feeling to run alongside Usain. He has these giant legs and a huge stride and you feel you need to take two strides to his every one, just to keep up. As the line was getting closer I realize we were almost together and we dipped for the finish line at the same time. Usain gave me a first pump to say ‘you almost beat me’ (Bolt ran 20.29 to win 0.03 ahead of Hughes in second). Returning to the warm up area everyone was buzzing. People were saying you almost beat Usain. I received so many messages that day my phone froze. It was surreal for me, at the age of 19, to be given the chance to run against the greatest athlete in the world and push him hard to the finish line. I don’t think any other youngster had pushed Usain that close before. It is a moment I will always cherish. My mother still has a huge portrait of that image of Usain and I dipping for the line together hanging from her wall in her house in Anguilla.”
– UK sprinter Zharnel Hughes talking about the “most treasured memory” of his career, racing his then-training partner Usain Bolt at the 2015 NY Diamond League Meet.
- RIP László Tabori - History's 3rd sub-4 miler has died. He also coached Boston and NYC champs.
- Official 2018 NCAA D1 Regional Discussion - Talk about the big surprises, positive or negative here
- Story Time: Cop tried to rip me off the tack this morning, while in the middle of a 2k time trial
- The reason track isn't popular is simple: It's not relatable
- BREAKING: NFL Bans Kneeling!!!!!
- Has anyone ever seen/made eye contact with Galen Rupp while wearing the Letsrun "Not Rupp Certified" t-shirt?
- Is an 18:50 5K good for a 40-year old man on 30-35mpw?
- If Kenya gets banned...who are your Gold medal tips for Tokyo?
- Why do Cyclist have ripped vasular legs while marathoners have skinny / unvasvular legs?
- Let's talk about the Boston Marathon qualifying times for women. An 18 y/o F has almost same standard as a 59 year old man.