Quote Of The Day
“Watching their (the women’s team’s) dominance definitely drives us. It’s hard to watch a team be so dominant like that and not think, ‘Wow, I wish we could go out and do that.'”
– Casey Comber of Villanova talking after running a massive anchor leg to give the Villanova men their first men’s victory in the DMR at Penn since 2011. In women’s action, Nicole Hutchinson had already led the Wildcats’ women to victory in the 4 x 1,500 – they now have have won 14 times in 17 races in the distance medley, 4 x 1,500, and 4 x 800 relays.
Comber, a redshirt sophomore from a HS just outside of Philly with PRs of just 3:45/4:04, came from 20 meters back after the first lap and took the lead before the bell and held off Notre Dame’s Yared Nuguse (3:58.69) to win thanks to a 3:59.79 split. In the men’s SMR, Penn State’s Isaiah Harris put up the third-fastest 800 leg in Penn history (1:44.74) to lead the Nittany Lions to victory from nearly 4 seconds back. Reminder: The meet will be on NBCSN TV today from 12:30-3 pm ET.
- Rupp running Prague confirmed
- Jenny Simpson just crushed the US outdoor record for 2 miles Drake with 9:16.78!
- Watch out Jager...Chelimo is now practicing the steeple (pic)
- Portland Marathon canceled for 2018
- Friendly reminder - Penn and Drake Relays will be on tv on Saturday from 12:30 - 3pm ET
- Best athlete you ever actually competed against?
- HUGE: Isaiah Harris, down 4s, runs 1:44.74 for the, one of the best legs in Penn Relays history (all events)....no chatter?
- Jordan Hasay running dangerously close to train tracks in latest instagram pic
- Anna Rohrer is back.... Wins Penn Relays 10k in her 1st race in 10 months