Quote Of The Day
“The other really interesting thing is that, guided by the new IOC transgender policy that lowers the upper limit for testosterone to 5nmol/L, the IAAF are setting their limit at 5nmol/L. It used to be 10. That will slow the times of these athletes down even more than it did in the past. … History suggests Semenya will lose about four seconds to five seconds. Because in 2013 and 2014, when the IAAF were diligent about ensuring her compliance with the upper limit at that time (10nM), she was running 2:00. I don’t think she even qualified for the Commonwealth Games. Now, at 5nM, that effect will be even larger, I suspect. She will go from a 1:54 to 2:01-2:03, is my estimate.”
– Sports scientist Ross Tucker talking about the effect the IAAF’s new rules on testosterone limits for women will have on Caster Semenya.
- Watch out Jager...Chelimo is now practicing the steeple (pic)
- Friendly reminder - Penn and Drake Relays will be on tv on Saturday from 12:30 - 3pm ET
- Did you somehow negative split Boston this year? Tell us how you did it.
- Down goes Semenya!!!
- Farah's 'big balls' in London
- What is the most basic reason for the success of the LetsRun web site?
- What are FUN questions to to ask runners at a track meet?
- Ford to Stop Selling All Cars in USA By 2020 Because Americans Have Gotten Too Fat
- Is this a joke? Portland putting on WR marathon attempt Oct. 6
- Where do sub-elites get hung up?