Quote Of The Day
“Early on the race I was feeling horrible and I nudged her (Shalane Flanagan) and said, ‘I might drop out. There’s a good chance I’m going to drop out today. If you need something … let me know.’ … (I thought) Well I should probably help Molly reconnect to (the leaders). And then I looked back and I was in third (place) and I thought ‘Well I probably shouldn’t drop out (now).’ Honestly I felt miserable, but sometimes when you pick it up and forget about how you’re feeling and just engage for a little bit you can turn everything around.”
– Desiree Linden speaking about her thoughts during the race after becoming the first American woman to win the Boston Marathon in 33 years.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Galen Rupp issues statement after dropping out of Boston Marathon
- What type of press are Linden and Kawauchi getting in your town? Any big-time pub?
- Sarah Sellers (USA).....2nd Place Boston Marathon.....Who Is She? (now with video interview)
- Did Boston’s prestige take another hit today?
- A huge FAIL for NIKE wind resistance jackets
- Elites who dropped out in Boston
- The elites clothing choices in Boston perplexed me
- Kawauchi trainers
- 5th place Jessica Chichester will miss out on $15,000 from starting in wave 1
- Galen Rupp goes home DEVASTATED!!!
- Shalane Flanagan speaks after race (video) and says she was so delirious at one point she thought she might be winning the race
- Let me defend my homeboy - Galen Rupp. He's not a wimp for dropping out and yes asthma impacts you in the cold