Quote Of The Day
“You go through all of the different stages … anger, and I’m not an angry person, but I couldn’t speak to [my ex-husband], I couldn’t look at [him], and I didn’t like that because I’m not that sort of a person. I felt rejected – no self-worth – and sorry for the children. Memories of running great races meant nothing. I would have given all of them away just to have peace of mind but that’s only come in the last six months. We had to sell the house and go through all that hassle. It was a tough few years …”
“Yeah, then they [the medals I won during my career] meant nothing. They say the greatest of all gifts is peace of mind and there is no surer saying – it is 100 times better than being a world champion. I had a horrible lump in my stomach for about four years. I was grasping (at straws): ‘How am I going to gain my confidence again? How am I going to make myself feel good?’ I started running races again to seek approval, and to make me feel good about myself.”
– Catherine McKiernan – the country girl from Ireland who 20 years ago won the London Marathon to make herself the world’s #1 marathoner – talking in a nearly 6,000-word feature on her by Paul Kimmage about how hard it was for her to overcome her husband leaving her for another woman.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Oiselle says Tori Franklin broke her Oiselle contract to compete for Nike at USAs
- Matthew Centrowitz is running a 10 miler on Sunday morning - How fast will he run? Official 2018 Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Thread
- Anyone still getting redirected on LetsRun.com? If so click here
- I can't even fathom Galen Rupp losing Boston
- 90 miles per week when does adaption show itself?
- The unofficial 2018 "predict galen rupp's boston time" thread
- Ryan Hall 2:04:58 = underwhelming, wind-aided performance. Kamworor 13:01 = GOAT??
- Went "clubbing" for the first time, did not have fun ?
- Steven Gardiner 19.75 (+0.3), Michael Norman 20.06 (-1.4!)