Quote Of The Day
“If you can’t get around someone before that turn begins at the end of a straight, it is really, really hard to do otherwise. The kind of acceleration you need, at late stages of the race, you’re gonna have to be in a really different place than the person you’re trying to pass to get around. And so really, you can break the track down into two 50-meter segments that have to be won. If you watch Andy’s race, Knight got past him actually, I think I counted two times Knight’s body actually was ahead of Andy’s body. But the turn begins and instantly Knight has further distance to travel at only a slightly faster velocity.”
– NAU coach Mike Smith talking about how Andy Trouard beat Justyn Knight in the 3,000m at the 2018 NCAA Indoor Championships.
- RUPP vs KIPCHOGE - Who would win in a mile race today?
- Wow, Centro looks different.
- The Culture of Track & Field in America by Tianna Bartoletta
- Should coaches ever partake in "locker room talk" with their teams?
- Battling treadmill boredom
- Former Villanova Track Star, George MacKay needs your prayers and support
- $60,000,000,000 gone from Crypto Currencies in less than 24 hours
- Which one would you pick for recovery runs: flat asphalt roads or hilly soft trails?
- Why are customers so rude. I work at a Home improvement retail store
- Brooks is joining the club ... new marathon shoe?