The Best Coaches' Impact Is Lifelong
“Bob (Parker) became a second father and his wife Sylvia a second mother. In truth, they had more influence on my development and life than my parents. … When I started being coached by him I was the 73rd best junior in the English Schools Cross-Country Championships and, nine years later, I broke the world record for 10,000m.”
– Dave Bedford paying tribute to coach Bob Parker, who guided Bedford to the 27:30.80 WR in 1973. Parker died earlier this month at 88.
- I found the female replica of Alan Webb! (pics included!)
- BREAKING: Female World Record In The Marathon Has Been Broken (Heaviest finisher at nearly 300 pounds)
- Alan Abrahamson has written a fantastic column asking why we praise AROD but rip the Russians
- Popular Japanese Ekiden cancelled because race organizers are too old
- Kenya passes new Marriage Act - Guess what it legalizes.......
- Anyone just tired of going to work, there is nothing wrong with the job, I just don't feel like going.
- Did old runners lie about the training mileage? (Pre-GPS)
- Tiger makes the cut!!