Quote Of The Day
“This time, I’m going to have a more balanced emphasis on my training. When I attempted [the 1,500/5,000 double] in Glasgow , I really hadn’t done the 5k training, I just tried to rely on my natural strength and use my 1,500m fitness, and I was hoping it would be a slow race so I could use my speed at the end. This time, I’m going to have a lot more endurance behind me and hopefully haven’t lost too much speed. It’s an exciting endeavour we’re embarking on to give the 5k a real serious crack, and hopefully my 1,500 will only benefit from that as well. It’s a bit of a headache but after [the training sessions], you feel on top of the world, you go ‘wow, I can take on anything after getting through that.'”
– Nick Willis talking about trying to become just the third person ever to double medal in the 1,500/5,000 at the Commonwealth Games.
Super Hot on LetsRun: London: this guy won the 50-54 age group
- How many of you for whatever reason are at a point in your if you don't get paid this week you are homeless
- Getting sprinters to move up
- To all 15 min 5K guys: Kipchoge can run your pace for two full hours!
- Can you overtrain on pure high volume easy mileage?
- I threw 30,000 into bitcoin last month. I'm hurting now. What can I expect?
- What are some things every WOMAN worth her salt should be able to do?
- 6 months to run a 4:15 mile
- NFL unable to find sufficiently interesting game for Sunday Night (NYE), simply cancels it