NCAA Team Previews
Women’s Team Preview: LRC Oregon Tries To Repeat, Colorado Seeks Redemption & New Mexico Is Loaded Again 5 teams think they legitimately can win the NCAA title on Saturday. Who has the edge? Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, San Fran or Stanford?
Men’s Team Preview: LRC Clash Of The Titans: No. 1 NAU & No. 2 BYU Square Off In Classic Battle In Louisville For The 2017 NCAA XC Title On paper, the battle for the men’s 2017 NCAA Cross-Country team title looks like it could be epic. We break it down for you.
- Recommended Read: The Daily Orange: Justyn Knight Looking For His First Individual Title Talking about last year, Syracuse assistant coach Adam Smith said, “Sometimes you have your day, and that day was [Patrick] Tiernan’s day.”
- BYU Coach Ed Eyestone: “I have supreme confidence in my top four mixing it up with the best in the country. I know that they have great support from my fifth, sixth and seventh runners. They are the best 5-6-7 in the country.”
- Three Kenyans Lead Alabama Men To NCAAs Alfred Chelanga: “We always have to show what we have on the field, and make sure that we are not beaten by Americans or people from other countries.”
- The Daily Orange: Justyn Knight And Paige Stoner Lead Syracuse At NCAA XC Champs
- Missouri’s Karissa Schweizer Looks To Defend Her NCAA Title Schweizer’s coach Marc Burns says he’s happy New Mexico’s Ednah Kurgat is favored by some (although we think it’s a “two horse race”). “It’s awesome. That’s what you want as a coach: ‘Hey, great, make us the underdog again.'”
- RRW: Drop Twins Quietly Lead Georgia Lady Bulldogs Into NCAA Cross-Country Championships The sophomore fraternal twins have helped Georgia make their first NCAA meet in 5 years.
- Colorado Aims To Put It All Together At NCAAs The women are going for their first title since 2004.
- Register-Guard: “Detail-Oriented Katie Rainsberger Leads The Oregon Women At NCAAs”
- UCLA Men Aiming For A Top Ten Finish At NCAAs
- XC Racing Wisdom From The Pros Lauren Fleshman, Kara Goucher, Shalaya Kipp share their XC tips.
- Good Read: Arizona Daily Sun: “NCAA Showdown With BYU Ahead For NAU” Head coach Michael Smith: “It was our first time being in the same place as [BYU], the hair on the back of my neck was up and I am snarling, I am just feeling all competitive.”