Quote Of The Day
“When I was training for the 400 metres I would always do well in the endurance sessions and I could easily run 3 x 800 (in training). … I was so disappointed not to make another team (for the 400m) I told my coach I want to try the 1,500. My coach said, ‘no, try the 800 metres first’ but I knew in my heart I needed to go directly to the 1,500 metres.”
– World 1,500 champion Elijah Manangoi talking about making the drastic decision to transition from the 400 straight up to the 1,500. In 2013, Manangoi was 4th in the 400 at the Kenyan national champs, but by the next year he made the Kenyan Commonwealth Games team in only his third 1,500 race ever.
- Gwen Jorgensen Quitting Tri, Going Full Time Marathon.
- Shalane Flanagan Heading Back to Portland, Turns Down Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- NCAA XC Regionals are a sham
- Best State to live in if you can't afford California??????
- Let's be frank. There was a severe lack of portable toilets along the NYC Marathon course on Sunday
- FSU Bans ALL Fraternities and Sororities!!!!
- Doping rife in Kenya with little testing
- It's pretty obvious. The NYC Marathon needs to start it's race in Central Park.
- Update: Nike posts instagram congratulating Flanagan and Kamworor
- LetsRun.com Missed Connections: The guy named Henry who yelled out 'Brojo' at Clark and Henry Streets in Brooklyn