Quote Of The Day
“Watching Sunday’s Chicago Marathon … I cringed at the sight of Galen Rupp shaking away defending champion Abel Kirui with a surge at the 38th-kilometre mark as the American cruised to victory. It dampened the mood at the Stevenice Hyde Park Hotel where scores of athletes, including members of Kirui’s family, had assembled to follow the race … But then again, I thought Rupp’s victory was good for athletics. And here, I’m assuming he’s running clean. … Sunday’s podium finishes by [Rupp and Hasay] will most certainly help rekindle American interest after years of dominance by Kenyan and Ethiopian stars. … Before Chicago, Kenyan runners had won all World Marathon Majors titles on offer … While bringing a lot of joy to Kenya, such victories are not good for the sport. It is when underdogs and rank outsiders win that sport becomes more exciting.”
– Kenyan journalist Elias Makori writing in The Daily Nation about why he believe Galen Rupp winning Chicago was good for the sport.
- If you were Galen Rupp, what would your next marathon be?
- Molly Huddle posted her HR data on instagram
- Jordan Hasy outruns Chris Derrick over last 2k in Chicago
- How did BRIANNE THEISEN-EATON do?
- How many miles do you put on your shoes before you change them out?
- Emma Coburn-Bosshard?
- This is how to get a 6 pack easily.
- CONGRATULATIONS GALEN RUPP FOR WINNING YOUR FIRST MAJOR INTERNATIONAL RACE!