Quote Of The Day
“I find it difficult to jump when there’s no pressure. That’s why, once I’d won the competition, I moved the bar up to 2.39m. Then after a couple of attempts, I thought there still wasn’t enough pressure for me, so I thought I’d move the bar up to 2.40m. That was a challenge for me, so I’m really happy I did it. … I think I was in better shape during the World Championships, but the target there for me was the gold. It was a championship, so it’s the medal that counts. Once I got that gold, I was so happy and I couldn’t really focus to jump higher, so that’s why I didn’t jump 2.40m in London.”
– World high jump champion Mutaz Essa Barshim talking about jumping 2.40m at the Birmingham Diamond League meet last weekend to set the record (5) for most consecutive years clearing 2.40m or higher.
- Is the 2017 Chicago Marathon being set up so Galen Rupp is almost guaranteed to win it?
- Mo Farah told us today he thinks he could have run 12:45 in his prime.... Agree or disagree?
- why do people in their 30s and 40s run marathons?
- How many of you grew up wealthy? Most noticeable advantage you received?
- Cleveland Browns- 12 players kneeling for protest
- So is Mary Cain gone for good?
- Everyone is aware that Caster Semenya purposely threw away the 1500, right?
- What's hardest to win Olympic Gold, WC Gold, or DL Championship
- Official 2017 Zurich DL Discussion Thread