Quote Of The Day
“When I was younger my coach, Wolfgang Heinig, said it is very important to have a big motivation to keep going in the sport.
He said, it does not matter if that motivation is money, whether that motivation is to be able to build a house or that your motivation is simply to enjoy success but whatever it is, it has to be a big motivation. It needs to be big enough to motivate you to suffer in training and reach your goal. He told me this when I was a teenager and I was very inspired.”
– World steeplechase medalist Gesa Krause talking to Spikes about the importance of motivation.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Galen Rupp listed on the entry list for Prague Marathon (May 6) + other elites
- Midpacker buys pair of Nike's $250 Vaporfly 4% and thinks they may actually improve him by 4%
- Runner's World pays woman to get stoned, go for runs and write about it
- Women runs 520 miles on treadmill in 7 days but doesn't get WR as Guinness says her boyfriend doesn't count as independent witness
- Guy who is completing a 4,000 mile across America says running a fast mile is just as hard