Quote Of The Day
“Big crowds, a lot of media attention, a lot of attention in general. An actual stadium to compete in. My first world championship in New Zealand back in 2011, we probably had 100 people a day. In Doha two years ago we probably had about 10. Lyon was a good step up after 2012, but this one has just blown it out of the water in terms of organisation. It’s just been perfect, we’ve been so well looked after and treated.”
– Hannah Cockroft, 10-time world Paralympic champion, talking about the huge crowds that showed up at the 2017 Paralympic Worlds in London (280,000 over 10 days). The event was so successful, it appears it will go back to London in 2019.
- Do the World Marathon Majors have competition? $500,000 Asian Premier Marathon Series is launched
- Mikey Brannigan gets beat by 10 seconds in 5000 (14:29 to 14:39), settles for silver
- British media runs 4 x 100 blindfolded to get a feel for what the Paralympics is like - guy ends up in hospital
- Athletics South Africa leaves out 13 athletes from Worlds with qualifying standard including Dominique Scott
- Congrats to Jamie Nieto!! Step by halting step, Nieto walks down aisle with his wife
- Any 1970s teenagers have these overtraining signs?
- Want to go to worlds? The IAAF just added a new event - 1 more day to qualify
- Ireland at long last has its 1st ever female sprint gold medallist.... She was born in Nigeria