Quote Of The Day
“I am angry with this. It simply shows the bad management in Kenyan athletics, which has been there since 1950s. There is no reason why Kenya should field two wilds and the IAAF rule is clear on it. Kenya is flouting rules to suit certain interests. [David] Rudisha and [Ferguson] Rotich have not won a single race this season. [Michael] Saruni beat Rotich in the trials and I am wondering why they decided to drop Saruni. I am wondering why we should have trials and still don’t stick to the results.”
– UTEP coach and 1988 Olympic champ Paul Ereng talking about his athlete Michael Saruni getting cut from the Kenyan World 800m squad for Ferguson Rotich despite beating Rotich at the Kenyan Trials. Kenya had two potential wild cards who weren’t top 3 at the Trials in David Rudisha (defending world champ) and Rotich (2016 Diamond League winner), but could only choose four athletes overall.
- Linkin Park Lead Singer Kills Himself at 41
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen: please don't start this attitude
- Official 2017 Monaco DL Discussion Thread - Oh baby what a meet
- Anyone feel like less of a man because you cannot fix things?
- Tough situation, uncle took my college fund.
- Italian Man Free Dives 130 feet to the bottom of the world's deepest indoor pool
- Anyone else dislike the beach?
- Attention fast college runners and all those sub 16 guys