Quote Of The Day
“In the 1980s as cable TV opened the media marketplace to a host of new stations and shows, sports became a TV show. And what are TV shows built around? Characters. Outside the soon-retiring Usain Bolt, running has no characters.
Is Nigel Talton the fastest guy out there? No. With PRs of 10.47 in the 100m and 21.66 in the 200m he is a serviceable NCAA D2-level college sprinter. 10.47 would have grabbed sixth place at the D2 100m final this year. But he isn’t Nigel Talton on the track, he’s The Freeze. He’s a character that he has marketed at a professional level.
So let’s not disparage a costume-wearing groundskeeper with fine sprinting form, or a new athletics venture trying out innovative ideas in an attempt to re-animate a moribund sport that has been ill-served by its anachronistic presentation model and crushed by its corrupt officials.
People outside the game are talking. At this stage that’s enough for me.”
– Toni Reavis explaining on Tonireavis.com why he’s happy sports radio hosts in Dallas are mocking the TrackTown Summer Series.
- "Frequent and Passionate" Kissing Results in US 400 Man Gil Roberts Avoiding Doping Suspension
- Sad Update: Gabe G. did not respond to chemo
- What are the big differences between fast and slow people?
- Official 2017 Rabat DL Discussion Thread - BMart vs. Rowbury + Caster at 400
- Yet another Salazar fail? 2014 Youth Olympic gold medallist has quit the NOP and returned to Japan
- Isaac Makwala runs 19.77 and 43.92 in Madrid - 1st person EVER to go sub 20/sub 44 on same day!!
- NBC's Olympic channel launced on Saturday in the USofA